Hestercd
Greenie
- Joined
- Jul 12, 2006
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northwest, GA
- Detector(s) used
- AT Pro
Ace 250
Propointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I was out earlier today to specifically look for Indian Trail Trees. I am hoping to document as many as I can find in my area. I decided to drive a little way up Cohutta Mountain where I have a friend who owns land, and search that area. To my surprise as soon as I parked on the side of the road I saw a tree that looked very promising. I took a photo of it, documented it on the GPS, and then proceeded to follow where it pointed. Then, no more than 100 yards from the tree, I came across an old mine shaft. I thought I would share my photos with you and see what everyone thinks.


I bet if you put a game camera on that hole earlier in the year you would see Big Momma coming and going !
I would like to get some kind of mobile camera device inside however to see how deep the shaft goes, and what the surroundings are. But as for me and my hard hat, without getting a pro crew out to help with exploration, there is no way I would ever go in alone. I'm just doing my research atm trying to document my findings and then follow up on my best leads!






