not a bad dime night including an error

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8/500 is GREAT.

The clipped planchet's value depends on the size of the clip and condition of the coin. Ten bucks is a good first-order guess for a single clip. Can you post a picture?

(For reference, the double-clip in my avatar is missing about 3% by weight)

OP
OP
alaskanfever

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
i might be able to post a pic later this evening does anyone know if they can post from an iphone? if so i will post one tonight when i get off work.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
alaskanfever said:
i might be able to post a pic later this evening does anyone know if they can post from an iphone? if so i will post one tonight when i get off work.

I have done this before on here, it worked out well. First of all, make sure you check the settings on your phone before you take the pic, because if it has a Macro, or a Text setting, set it on that before you take the pic. (I have a samsung Galaxy, and I change my setting to macro, and then like a subsetting or something, to text.).

then I take the pic, and email it to myself. Once I open the email, I will download the pic, and save it to my desktop, or any file for that matter, then come in here to post, and search for that pic to download. There may be an easier way, but that is how I did it.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Clipped lower denominations are not worth as much as say a clipped half dollar.. mostly due to higher mintages for lower denominations.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya 8 is phenomenal for a box of 500 good job alaska!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread