What's new

Not a coin spill, but it still counts as a spill! LOL!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
8,027
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing thrilling today, but I did find a spill. Unfortunately, it was just a horse tack spill! Four buckles, a couple of straps, horseshoe and some mystery items all in one spot. Pretty cool to find the straps with the leather still attached. I rarely find any horse tack with even a small piece of leather intact. Not a bad day...


horse tack dirty.webphorse tack clean.webp
 
Upvote 14
Cool find Tim. If you find 3 more horseshoes in that spot, I would say at some time back it is likely there was the remains of a horse attached to that horse tack. :laughing7:
 
With all that horse tack in one area, I was thinking the same as Jeff H.
There may also be parts of a uniform, including buttons, Belt and Sword Plates, etc., that once belonged to the rider of that horse.
Congratulations
 
Cool find Tim. If you find 3 more horseshoes in that spot, I would say at some time back it is likely there was the remains of a horse attached to that horse tack

I'm a horse grave robber! Mr. Ed is rolling over in his grave because I took his stuff! LOL! Guess I'm going to have to bring a shovel next time I go there and do some serious digging! Really don't want to find bones, but there could be some other cool stuff, like rosettes and stirrups buried with him. Sorry, Mr. Ed, but I want your stuff!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom