GoingDown Sr. Member Joined Jul 8, 2005 Messages 356 Reaction score 108 Golden Thread 0 Location King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer II Jun 12, 2011 #1 Found this morning in the yard of a 1790's home in upstate NY ... very light metal and obvious hole....penny alongside. Any ideas Thanks! GD Attachments P6120172s.webp 88.2 KB · Views: 276 P6120173s.webp 102.5 KB · Views: 286 P6120177s.webp 85.7 KB · Views: 273
Found this morning in the yard of a 1790's home in upstate NY ... very light metal and obvious hole....penny alongside. Any ideas Thanks! GD
Tuberale Gold Member Joined May 12, 2010 Messages 5,780 Reaction score 3,460 Golden Thread 0 Location Portland, Oregon Detector(s) used White's Coinmaster Pro Jun 12, 2011 #2 I'd guess a very early coin. But extremely hard to tell. In the last photo on the left side I can see clearly 16. Upvote 0
I'd guess a very early coin. But extremely hard to tell. In the last photo on the left side I can see clearly 16.
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 Jun 16, 2011 #3 Could be a old shilling. Or like a ne shilling Attachments thumbnailCANGP1PM.webp 5.7 KB · Views: 170 thumbnailCASEFI21.webp 4 KB · Views: 156 Upvote 0
Bramblefind Silver Member Joined Nov 26, 2009 Messages 2,966 Reaction score 4,024 Golden Thread 0 Location New York Detector(s) used T2/F75 SE Jun 16, 2011 #4 I have this 1749 farthing and the position of the hole on the back makes me think of your coin - I think I can make out a Britannia on yours ...maybe.. Upvote 0
I have this 1749 farthing and the position of the hole on the back makes me think of your coin - I think I can make out a Britannia on yours ...maybe..
Iron Patch Platinum Member Joined Sep 28, 2007 Messages 19,276 Reaction score 8,954 Golden Thread 3 Location Dirtyville 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 16, 2011 #5 I'd say it was a tag that was held by what ended up being a rusty wire. Upvote 0
BobinSouthVA Bronze Member Joined Mar 1, 2007 Messages 1,656 Reaction score 107 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II Jun 16, 2011 #6 are all three pictures showing the same side? If so can we see the other side? Upvote 0