Not my best hunt, but a really funny thing happened

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a rather long post, but if you want a good laugh, read it to the end. These are the latest finds from last Friday in Phoenix. Not a lot this time, but still always fun. 1952 silver dime, four Wheat pennies, a pin for Norwalk Centaurs motorcycle club Yuma prison run, that raises money for children in need, 71 clad coins, and an advertising good luck token. Not sure of the year for the token but based on the info, I'm guessing circa 1930's or 1940's. One side says " Keep me and you will have good luck" and the advertising side says" Friendly Loan & Finance Co, Phoenix, Ariz., quick loans $20.00 to $300.00, just say lend me fifty Henry". It would have had an old penny in it and it isn't in the best shape, but an old piece of history from Phoenix. Any information on this company would be really appreciated. I spent a lot of time online and found nothing. And now for the rest of the story. I had something happen that never did before. While detecting a sidewalk strip, an attractive young women came up to me and asked what I was looking for. I told her coins, pennies, nickels, dimes, etc. and artifacts. I told her I found a silver dime and she asked what it was worth and I told her a dollar or two which didn't impress her at all and she started walking away. After about 10 steps she turned and came back and told me she would hide pennies all over her body and I could hunt anywhere for them! I just laughed and put the headphones back on and continued on my way. That is a first. The area I was in is not the best part of Phoenix with many cheap hotels and a strip club across the street from where I was detecting. I think I could write a book of my experiences in Phoenix. IMG_20210409_150034368.jpg IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

Upvote 12

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Old women just warn me about fresh dog poo, they never want to play hide and seek ( thank god I guess) nice finds though, love the token

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I absolutley love friendly folks especially if I'm doing a curb strip because often times it will get you into their yard and I certianly don't go to new areas to tect strips. It has gotten me some nice finds from "the other side" of the sidewalk.

Fan DIME tastic and it looks like that kid just had to spend the penny so he removed it from the token. I've found similar missing the coin and that's what I always picture.

HH ALL!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between you and BWD`s recent thread, I need to find out what I am doing wrong....:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A body hunt hmmm, think I'd use my pinpointer for that !

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude..... you might have found a wheatie! Sounds like a seeded plot for sure.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think the wife would like to see that on my smart phone.

Honey, do you have any random nude pics on your phone?

Want some?

Beat her to it, include her from the beginning and you never have to make excuses as to why no pic for the rest of us please....

.....it is a crazy world....

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is some hunt. It’s good that you passed on the opportunity

Top Member Reactions