What's new

Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found ! UPDATE !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 9th and I can still get out ! Most of the 6 inches of snow we had has melted and tempertures were a balmy 38 today ! I am very limited to where I can dig as only the south slopes covered with leaves or heavy matted grass are not frozen solid. I hunted the south facing slope of another costal stream . There was an old buggy trail that followed the stream. I walked and detected this trail where it was not frozen. The signals were scattered yet fairly steady . I don;t ever remember finding 4 harmonica reeds on a single hunt and yet not find a single coin. Unless there are some in the hand made wooden box I found hidden or lost just under the leaves at the base of a big oak . I have not opened it yet ! It looks like a school carpentry project. My wife is dying to see what is inside . Any guesses ?? It makes very little noise when shaken so I am guessing paper . I just hope it is green paper !! Thanks for looking !! MaineRelic. I waited till after the football game was over to open the box. I had the drill all ready. It took all of 10 seconds with my wife waiting impatiently ! A little bit of tobacco is all that was in the box . Not wacky tobacco just plain rolling tobacco . Next time :( :( MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1573.webp
    IMG_1573.webp
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,966
  • IMG_1575.webp
    IMG_1575.webp
    26 KB · Views: 1,948
  • IMG_1578.webp
    IMG_1578.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,960
  • IMG_1583.webp
    IMG_1583.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,944
  • IMG_1580.webp
    IMG_1580.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_1579.webp
    IMG_1579.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,941
  • IMG_1581.webp
    IMG_1581.webp
    22 KB · Views: 1,932
  • IMG_1582.webp
    IMG_1582.webp
    33 KB · Views: 1,940
  • IMG_1584.webp
    IMG_1584.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,666
Upvote 0
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there is some in the locked box I found !

Sure is a big lock and hasp. Hope ther is plenty of green, good luck.

Nice finds as well!
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there is some in the locked box I found !

I'm guessing a treasure map...the exposed screws will make it easy to open.

NJ
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there is some in the locked box I found !

Those screws look like dry wall screws and the hinges are for sale today at any Home Depot....I suspect the box is not at all old...
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there is some in the locked box I found !

OPEN THE BOX OPEN THE BOX!!! :o
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Geo Cache maybe.... :icon_scratch:

Can't wait to see what's inside !! :icon_thumleft:

Good hunting, great finds !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I think you should open the box and then tell me what the %7@3 is this :thumbsup: Nice Dig's!!!
 

Attachments

  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,826
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

OK MaineRelic open her up the suspense is killing me :laughing9: I don't think it would be a geo cache box as it has a lock. Nice finds. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

civilman1 said:
I think you should open the box and then tell me what the %7@3 is this :thumbsup: Nice Dig's!!!
I was hoping you could tell me what it is !! Did you find your in a civil war site ?? I will post it in what is it ? Both yours and my pic of this Item . MaineRelic
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I found one of those lighters awhile back, I believe its the first cigarette lighter made
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Geo Cache maybe.... :icon_scratch:

Can't wait to see what's inside !! :icon_thumleft:

Good hunting, great finds !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Yep. . . that's my guess too.

I found one of those today out in the woods under a huge fallen tree. . . I didn't have a pen to write my
name so I put it back where I found it. . . :P It was placed there in 2005.
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there is some in the locked box I found !

Randeecobra said:
Those screws look like dry wall screws and the hinges are for sale today at any Home Depot....I suspect the box is not at all old...

I don't think anyone's going to argue with that observation. The mystery isn't the box, it's what's inside it. Maybe it's a Home Depot receipt! :o
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Well, judging by the condition of the hardware, it hasn't been outside too long. I'm going with letters written to a loved one.
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Drugs? Whatever it is, you're a man of restraint, Maine. I would have torn that thing open with my teeth.
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

OK I have to say It Use the Ax head you found and Smash that thing open already!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Chug
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

MaineRelic said:
civilman1 said:
I think you should open the box and then tell me what the %7@3 is this :thumbsup: Nice Dig's!!!
I was hoping you could tell me what it is !! Did you find your in a civil war site ?? I will post it in what is it ? Both yours and my pic of this Item . MaineRelic
Found in a Union winter camp as a matter of fact,never got an ID,still don't have one. :dontknow:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I hate posts like this one. Friggin tease!!! :laughing7:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Nice finds!!!! I think the box is a geo cache. Will you let us know whats inside?
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I by the size and the sound of no metal inside, I not open . ::)
Greetings!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom