What's new

Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found ! UPDATE !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 9th and I can still get out ! Most of the 6 inches of snow we had has melted and tempertures were a balmy 38 today ! I am very limited to where I can dig as only the south slopes covered with leaves or heavy matted grass are not frozen solid. I hunted the south facing slope of another costal stream . There was an old buggy trail that followed the stream. I walked and detected this trail where it was not frozen. The signals were scattered yet fairly steady . I don;t ever remember finding 4 harmonica reeds on a single hunt and yet not find a single coin. Unless there are some in the hand made wooden box I found hidden or lost just under the leaves at the base of a big oak . I have not opened it yet ! It looks like a school carpentry project. My wife is dying to see what is inside . Any guesses ?? It makes very little noise when shaken so I am guessing paper . I just hope it is green paper !! Thanks for looking !! MaineRelic. I waited till after the football game was over to open the box. I had the drill all ready. It took all of 10 seconds with my wife waiting impatiently ! A little bit of tobacco is all that was in the box . Not wacky tobacco just plain rolling tobacco . Next time :( :( MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1573.webp
    IMG_1573.webp
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,966
  • IMG_1575.webp
    IMG_1575.webp
    26 KB · Views: 1,948
  • IMG_1578.webp
    IMG_1578.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,960
  • IMG_1583.webp
    IMG_1583.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,944
  • IMG_1580.webp
    IMG_1580.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_1579.webp
    IMG_1579.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,941
  • IMG_1581.webp
    IMG_1581.webp
    22 KB · Views: 1,932
  • IMG_1582.webp
    IMG_1582.webp
    33 KB · Views: 1,940
  • IMG_1584.webp
    IMG_1584.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,666
Upvote 0
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I must be the only one liking the axe head! ;D

Oh, and open the box already! A cordless drill will make short work of it. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Since we are guessing, by the look of the box i'm guessing wacky tabacky lol...
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

you know ... can be a pet inside ,or something worse ::) .... I hope that they are only $ 1,000,000. :headbang:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Open! Open! Open! Open! Open! Open! :smileinbox:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

At first I thought geo cache. But people who look for it would need a key to open to take something out. So, unless there's some way to pass the key around, I'd guess it isn't one.

Come on! Open it up!!
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

civilman1 said:
I think you should open the box and then tell me what the %7@3 is this :thumbsup: Nice Dig's!!!

It looks like the part of a lock for a Dutch Door. The upper part of the door opens and the lower stays closed. I have one on my kitchen door and I live in an 1790's house. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

I'd give it a sniff test before opening it around kiddies. ;D
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Ive been to locked geocaches, the key is the first part of the hunt, then the cach, then you have to return the key.
 
some poor little kids life savings? maybe a time capsule that didn't get buried?
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

TEXAN Connection said:
I found one of those lighters awhile back, I believe its the first cigarette lighter made
Did yours have the patent date on it Mine says OCT 20 89 . We know this is not 1989 ;D ;D MaineRelic
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

Marchas45 said:
civilman1 said:
I think you should open the box and then tell me what the %7@3 is this :thumbsup: Nice Dig's!!!

It looks like the part of a lock for a Dutch Door. The upper part of the door opens and the lower stays closed. I have one on my kitchen door and I live in an 1790's house. :thumbsup:
Thanks Marchas ! My first inclination was door hardware ! I will try to find a photo to verify ! MaineRelic
 
Whoa!!! a make shift Tea Caddy. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Next time MR :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
nice lighter :icon_thumright: MR TUFF
 
Yup Pat date oct 29 1889, and remember The Alamo. Now open the box
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1924.webp
    DSCN1924.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,424
LOL is that dirt, or tobacco, or something else?
 
OK Maine now that the drama is over, go find the other box that contains the rolling papers.
 
ITS NOT A LIGHTER its a pocket warmer. i had one of those as a kid .i forget how they work. willy
 
Re: Not one coin ! Unless there are some in the locked box I found !

diggummup said:
I hate posts like this one. Friggin tease!!! :laughing7:
Yup...... 2 little philips head screws..................... If I were Jewish I would say "Oy Vey!" :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom