Not Sure

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Okay here is another one my friend Dave found. We have no idea on this one either!

Thanks for all your help.

Bubba ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1543679820.823373.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1543679831.871564.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half of a ladies sash buckle?

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Icewing wrote:
> I hate intertwined letters.

Yeah... me too. But being a civil war Military relics digger & dealer, I've had no choice but to become more-familiar with intertwined letters. I've learned a lot about CORRECTLY interpreting them by studying the many-many IDENTIFIED ones shown on various buttons in the Albert button-book. In my opinion, the letters shown in Bubba65's find are definitely NGS... or some permutation of that sequence, such as GNS. Often, the letter S in intertwined letters stands for School. (Or perhaps, Society, as in a social organization.)

I should mention, when the letters are engraved-by-hand into an object (instead of being stamped or cast, etc), they are more likely to be a person's initials rather than being the initials of an organization (school, business, Militia unit, etc.).

Still feeling extreme fatigue every day, so this is my only post for tonight. Thank you to everybody who has sent me a PM expressing their concern, or a post expressing it. I continue to "endeavor to persevere." Some of you might know that quote. It's from a very famous movie which is set in the civil war.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
A new Garrett AT PRO, Discovery 2200 and a Bullseye II pinpointer. Brand New Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure what it is but it does look a little bit like the letters on the first type of Mason jars. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1543801828.485361.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread