Dignitup

Jan 17, 2008
Ackerman,MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a buddy call me up the other day and asked if i could come out to his house and help him find his wedding band that he lost awhile back while cutting up a tree that had fallen in his yard. With the love i have for this hobby and with the past him and i have working together in law enforcement (he is retired now) i quickly said yes and away i went. I took both of my detectors knowing that he had said to me before that he would like to give it a try. After arriving at his home and him giving me the run down on the area he believed he lost it in i told him the area i would search and then turned on my silver umax handed it to him and told him to get to work. Now ive been doing this for a long time and this was his first but (no exaggeration here at all) as soon as he put the detector to the ground without even making a swing beep beep beep is all i could hear, i told Johnny to dig it and all he done was scratch back the leaves and bam there his ring laid. I couldnt have been more proud and he was almost in tears. What a great day so far but it gets bigger. From there we went to an old store site on his property where his grandparents had lived and another family member owned the store. Now this are dates back to the late 1800's and the town itself was called Dido. Anyway to make this story short and not look like im writing a book after a hour or so hunting and a few pennys later i hit gold. What looked to be a childs bracelet i cleaned it up a little and seen it had initials on it J L H. I showed it to my buddy and a phone call to his Uncle we found out that it belong to his Grandmother when she was a small child. Another wonderfull find for the day. I could see the gold coming off but after further inspection i found on the back of it 20-12kt on s/s. Now i dint get a pic of his ring but i did bring the other finds home cleaned them up and i returned the bracelet to Johnny telling him that it was his grandmothers so now it belongs to him. A happy friend and a great hunt, Cant wait to get to go back.

102_0740.JPG 102_0726.JPG 102_0735.JPG 102_0736.JPG 102_0737.JPG

Upvote 1

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what its all about............. what other hobby is as rewarding as this :sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread