What's new

Notary Seal Assumption Parish

Cajunme

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this notary seal in Assumption Parish. F. Gillete Notary public Assumption Parish. It has an eagle in the middle of the seal instead of a Pelican. I am trying to find out the time frame of the use of the eagle vs the pelican. Was it a federal or state seal? I appreciate any help.
 

Attachments

  • Notery Seal 001.webp
    Notery Seal 001.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Notery Seal 001.webp
    Notery Seal 001.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 343
This one says there is no set design that they have to use


http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/notary-pub/notary-quick.htm


Notary Seal

A Louisiana notary's signature is his seal. A notary is not required to have a particular style of seal to give authenticity
to his copies. See Flemming v. Richardson & Smith, 13 La. Ann. 414, (1858)
 
Upvote 0
Hope you don't mind, I flipped the pic and enhanced the color

Tim
 

Attachments

  • Notery Seal 001.webp
    Notery Seal 001.webp
    27 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Thanks to all who found info on the seal. I appreciate the time locating all this info. I didn't know you could reverse the picture to make it read properly. Learn something everyday. Brent
 
Upvote 0
I love it! That's a cool find.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom