Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Family,its another BD again,:hello2:1st year I got the Whites DF,last year I got my CZ21,this year thinking of Excal 2 1000??,I have no knowledge of this beast of a machine,need your expertise..It will be an early BD present since i have to send my CZ in for repair,b/c when my handle taps on my control unit it screechesCliff says something loose in my unit,also my sens knob has a slight crack in it which I cant even turn the knob down or up,its stuck..HH:hello:

Attachments

• photo-207.JPG
    photo-207.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 103
  • photo-210.JPG
    photo-210.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Kiana, Early Happy Birthday to ya. I don't own the Excalibur but I do have a CTX and love it, except for the leaking issue..... I am sure you will love the new Excal... HH, Beach papa

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the title of this thread I quickly clicked on it to say, "Sure! I'll take one!" :laughing7: (Happy birthday, by the way! :occasion18:)

There is going to be a learning curve with the Excal but it is a great beach and water machine, but out of the box it's a bit weighty so you might want to consider a straight shaft in the future to balance the load - or even a harness. Learning to adjust the Excal is probably the most important issue and this will take some getting use to, as will the variety of tones offered up in Disc mode. PP/All metal can also be a bit tricky at times, those little threshold breaks and faints can sneak right past you if you're not really paying attention. Most experienced users end up upgrading the headphones to deal with the issue. Once you get use to the machine I think you're going to love it.

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A birthday gift that just keeps on giving congrats and happy early birthday

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Kiana, Early Happy Birthday to ya. I don't own the Excalibur but I do have a CTX and love it, except for the leaking issue..... I am sure you will love the new Excal... HH, Beach papa

Awe,thanks Beach Papa,you're such a sweet guy:hello:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I saw the title of this thread I quickly clicked on it to say, "Sure! I'll take one!" :laughing7: (Happy birthday, by the way! :occasion18:)

There is going to be a learning curve with the Excal but it is a great beach and water machine, but out of the box it's a bit weighty so you might want to consider a straight shaft in the future to balance the load - or even a harness. Learning to adjust the Excal is probably the most important issue and this will take some getting use to, as will the variety of tones offered up in Disc mode. PP/All metal can also be a bit tricky at times, those little threshold breaks and faints can sneak right past you if you're not really paying attention. Most experienced users end up upgrading the headphones to deal with the issue. Once you get use to the machine I think you're going to love it.
I had a hard time trying to get use to my whites & CZ,I love both machines..Our beaches in Hawaii is white sand & not as much trashy.I only have to deal with Hot rocks which is my issue,,I've heard Whites makes the DF to block off the Hot rocks,not sure if true or not,I best be giving them a call,Thanks Bigscoop,,,ALOHA,guess you're getting Mac nuts again:hello:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a hard time trying to get use to my whites & CZ,I love both machines..Our beaches in Hawaii is white sand & not as much trashy.I only have to deal with Hot rocks which is my issue,,I've heard Whites makes the DF to block off the Hot rocks,not sure if true or not,I best be giving them a call,Thanks Bigscoop,,,ALOHA,guess you're getting Mac nuts again:hello:
Well most of our beaches,Barber's Point has a lot of metal,so does White plains,but most of the other beaches are great,,HH

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the Excalibur is an awesome machine and you will love it! Have a very
Happy Birthday!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBi.jpg

Attachments

• 0125.jpg
    0125.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hot rocks" (iron) drove my CZ nuts, the Excal will null on them. Had this same issue trying to hunt over concrete boat ramps with re-bar in them, the CZ finding every length of the stuff. Here again, the Excal will just null over them. I think you're going to like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread