What's new

Now you see it now you dont...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Now you see it now you don't...

:-\ Was on a small road trip today when I hit a bank and ask for halves. The tellers says she has a few then proceeds to ask around to her fellow tellers. One hands her $5 worth and I note a silver was there in the bunch as she counted them in front of me. She then says she needs to organize these as each teller handed her a few dollars worth...well out they come for me and guess what is missing. Yup - no more silver half. She had palmed it. The amount didn't even change. I noted the long line in the bank and realized it would be a bit of a fight for this single coin that I didn't have the time for. I was kinda pissed but knew it just wasn't worth the hassle at this time...maybe a dump will be coming here ;D - oh well. On I went as there were a few more banks to hit and I only had a few minutes to spare. In my years of searching this was the only time I'd had a teller hide that she was grabbing the silver. Many have outright said they were taking all the silver and not bother to look but she was pretty slick.

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

Lousy thing for her to do, but it's only going to get worse as silver prices start to go through the roof! ffd
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

Well, what do ya do?? They are all starting to look for the silver for themselves
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

guess you know not to waste your time at that bank anymore. i would not have argued about it either, but i think i would have said something like 'what happened to the silver one?" just to let her know i saw what she did. i would have had to call her on it but that is just me.
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

That's a crappy thing for her to do. If the tellers are going to snatch the silver, they ought to do it before a customer comes in looking for them. Shame on her!
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

Hey SC - I was kicking myself a bit for not calling her on it but it happened so fast that I was more surprised that she had to do it like that. All she had to do was say "I keep those, perks of the job" or something like that and I would have replied "I don't blame you, I'd do the same!". It was the way she kinda snuck it out of sight like a school kid with his hands in the cookie jar. I was almost embarrassed for her. Oh well - just another day in the life of a coin roll hunter!

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

Jim
Next time you go to that bank have about three rolls of clad and mark the wrappers with 1964 silver in pencil. Go to that teller and let her know that you are indespirate need for cash to pay bills and give her the three rolls and walk out. That should make you even.
rileyboy
 
Re: Now you see it now you don't...

wrong riley......that would get him ahead. good idea :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom