I am on your side with this one. Probably late 1800's at least.bigcypresshunter said:I think its definitely Shriners or Masonic, not Arabic. http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=21833Mich. Wolverine said:It might be from the Shriner's.
Wolverine.
This may be what you are referring to. This pin came up at auction as Civil War. Its on this page somewhere. http://www.cohascodpc.com/cat58/cat58auction.htmlMoe (fl) said:Thanks to all for the interesting replies!
I asked an expert recently. He said that this pendant is definitely from the Civil War period. The crescent moon and star symbol is from New Orleans. It could also be of masonic origin. Maybe masonic from New Orleans!
Here is a link to the similar symbol:
http://rlv.zcache.com/nola_crescent_moon_tshirt-p235308944531289564fow4d_400.jpg
Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:I found this on a victorian site the other day, Maybe has something to do with the country,of Turkey. Arid.
Pretty close pendent.
Heres your cape pin Arid.BuckleBoy said:Reply 17 is a cape pin, and I always thought they were CW era.
-Buckles
