What's new

"off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

markgPA

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
367
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
"off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Hi everyone,
I managed to sneak a couple more wheats (1909 and 1919) & IH's (1882, 1884, and two 1892) out of our little honey hole last week. So TnT2000 and I decided to meet Friday after work. We went right back to where I left off and bam, TnT snags an IH. About ten minutes later I got a pulltab signal. I kicked aside the leaves and an 1/8" of soil and the signal was gone. I saw what I thought was piece of a pull tab in the clump of leaves. Good thing I picked it up. Out pops an 1856 silver three center!!!! Man that sucker is little!
What's funny is TnT has found two this year and I just asked him minutes earlier what reading they give on his machine. He said one was a def. silver and one was jumping around a bit.
The date is a little worn, and the coin a little bent, but I am pumped about the find. I ended up finding two more IH's (a nice 1879 and 1881).
We are hunting a wooded area next to some farm fields. We keep pounding this area and as TnT says "we always squeak out something"!
Thanks for reading and thanks again to TnT, because he origionally found this area!
HH
Mark G
 

Attachments

  • wheats and ih.webp
    wheats and ih.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 4,238
  • 1856 3 cents.webp
    1856 3 cents.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 4,212
  • 3 cents.webp
    3 cents.webp
    23 KB · Views: 4,182
  • pins and stuff.webp
    pins and stuff.webp
    16 KB · Views: 4,185
Upvote 0
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Great find mark I've found two of these an 1852 and an 1853 and they both had one thing in common,I was running low discrimination on both.These coins are very light and if you found it in the woods that explains why it was so shallow,The canopy of the trees protect it from wind and rain and the leaves cover it like a blanket and prevent the rain from driving it in and washing dirt over it.At least thats my theory.Congrats and keep up the excellent finds!! Bootstrap
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Great three cent Mark. :o Congratulations.
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Great Finds!!!! :)
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Beauty, love that three center.

I found a 1856 large cent last summer.

Wierd how the large one cent was so big and heavy compared to a three cent piece.

Sounds like a great spot.
HH
Ken
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Wow, great coin! I have a couple, but they came down through the family. Hope to find one some day. WTG.
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Those are really nice finds. You definitely have a sweet honey (or is that money) hole.

Mike
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Nice find. A keepe for sure. Congrats. ;D
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

Nice finds, lot of coins there in a area near a farm, must of had some kind of event there maybe a town picinic area years ago or rest area for wagons and horses, maybe had a carnival years back or circus something, you would think.
most people own farms back then don't think they went out to plow the feild with a pocket full of coins.
nice finds there keep plugging
 
Re: "off the beaten path" with TNT2000 nets one of my best finds!

I will find one before I die. I SWEAR IT! LOL
Totally awesome coinage! Show us more now.
hh
~Nash~
 
Sweet find...

and you didn't have to dig eight inches to find it either!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom