Official Florida Hunt - please post conversations here - Feb - 1,2,3, 2013

1 week til the big meet! :hello2:

I REALLY wanted to go to this hunt, but unfortunately work has been slow in Dec. and Jan. so I have to stay and work as much as possible...hope the hunt goes well, and I will miss seeing all of the familiar faces, and the hanging out...
Baggins

It brings me to tears that I have an out-of- town family soiree next weekend. Have fun and I'll be detecting vicariously through y'all!

I'll expect pictures!

Baggins & Gordon, sorry y'all are not going to make it to the hunt. Y'all really gonna miss a good thing, there will be plenty of pics to enjoy!

pics and your truly will have a whole video series on the hunt...so stay tuned!!!!!..gonna miss ya guys..

Thanks for organizing such a cool event. Kudos for that!

Weather is lookin good people!! 72 on sat woohoooooooooo!

I've got 2 coins to add as prizes:
1962D Franklin Half
1936D Walking Liberty Half.
Where do I send them ?

r u coming to the hunt?? If not pm me and i will send you my address . if your coming to the hunt bring them with you..

if your bringing them with you, send me a pic of each coin in a message...THANK YOU!!!

This is another great book for research,but may be hard to find.
"THE LAST PINE TREE:A LOOK AT FLORIDA'S SEMINOLE WARS"-Gene Gallant-1993
Thomas Eugene "Gene" Gallant was a 5th generation Marion County resident whose ancestors lived the history-from the Seminole Wars to the Civil War to the Oklawaha riverboat days.He passed in 2011.
I went to school with his son in the 1960's and learned much about the unwritten Ocala/Marion County history from the Gallants.
Good luck,best wishes,& HH to all on your hunt next week.

Another good book is Seminole War & Artifacts by Ralf Van Blarcom.

Great sakes alive, who'll find the booty in 5? pirate_treasure_map.jpg

Ok so i spoke with grandma susie yesterday and she had spoken with the neighbor, and his property is definitely off limits now, the property owner was fine with it, but the gentleman who is leasing the property was the one with the issue, and he's not even letting the property OWNER on the property per their agreement, so there is defeinitely reasons why he's not letting anyone on there, so there is a big legal thing going on, so thats that i mean we still have the campground, the city park and also another area.

i will also be posting a waiver on here, as i asked Grandma susie ,, she has one for those that sign papers for staying there, but i told her im going to use a generic one i got from RR, and you guys can print it and bring it with you, i also will have blank copies with me at the hunt.

gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back