Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The activity concerned “Florida Hunt 2013” (to be known as the activity) occurring at Suwannee River Rendezvous and ,Mayo City Park

The participant freely accepts and fully assumes all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal bodily injury, property damage, or loss resulting from such risks, dangers and hazards. The participants will be supervised at all times during this activity. The risks, dangers, and hazards may include but are not limited to:
• Terrain

• Weather

• Equipment

• Hazardous goods

• Remoteness

• Wild animals

The Participant acknowledges and further accepts the responsibility of discussing their participation in the activity with their physician and obtain adequate medical, health, dental, travel and all other forms of insurance that may apply. By signing this document the
Participant:

• Agrees to freely accept such risks, dangers and hazards inherent in undertaking the Activity.

• Understands that the property owners and those putting on this Activity are not liable for any
loss or damages to said participant or participant’s property.

• Agrees that it is the responsibility of the participant to familiarize themselves with the
environment and health and safety requirements applicable to the Activity.

Competent Supervisor:

• Understands and fully accepts that if the participant chooses to participate in any other
activity that is not part of the planned Activity, that they are fully responsible for the
consequences of their conduct.

• Understands and fully accepts that if the Participant fails to observe any conditions or rules
established during the course of the Activity, that the Participant may be asked to leave.

Sign and date below.

Name:__________________________________________ Date:__________________

Last edited:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good!!! I'm SO pumped to be detecting with everyone again and meeting new folks... I just hope we don't get in too late to hear the historian on Friday night!! This is going to be an epic hunt!!! :-D

Bran <><

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok went in and edited it so little bit easier to read and it should print on one piece of paper. So please print this out and have it to hand it when your at the hunt. i will also be posting this on the FB page.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you sir for the conversions!! i will have a handful of waivers with me printed at the hunt.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder tomorrow night at 9pm -10pm EST we will be having a chat in Tnet chat about hunt,etc.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also i will have a little certificate of appreciation for Grandma Susie and SRR that im going to have folks sign when we start up on Sat. morning....

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to those of you arriving early that detecting at Suwannee River Rendezvous is off limits till saturday. You can detect local park, but for all fairness we would rather hold off till saturday as far as detecting goes.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And another thing to clarify the location of the meet n greet is at the Suwannee river Rendezvous lodge on property.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a little piece from the Lafayette county historical society book i bought. page: 70 last paragraph i believe
" I am going to close out this article with what was probably one of the finest endeavors in all of North Florida at the time. That was Dee Park now know as the Mayo Town Park. Mr Dees gave this land to the town for this purpose and it was for a time a great place particularly with the many beautiful live oaks many which are still there. This park was the gathering place for many a towns and county social occasion . From what i have been told the 4th of July celebration was equaled to none anywhere. The park had a wading and swimming pool, a small zoo, a dance pavilion and bandstand . On Big occasions a wedding was usually performed. Theo Williams told me that he was married there and received enough furniture to furnish his house as well as receiving many other gifts. There were band concerts, outstanding speakers, dances,etc. . I understand thst oner of the prizes given was a barrel of flour to the family having the most children and that Mr. John Morgan always won the barrel of flour"

pretty interesting!!!

NFdigger

Jan 26, 2013
Deep south
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, ATpro, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to this forum but not to MDing. I plan on being at the hunt and am looking forward to making new friends and doing some digging!
My mother and step father live in Mayo and I visit often, The area is beautiful. I'll see you soon. NFdigger

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What we'll see in 4 more. cd0530_water_tank_mayo.jpg

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, Invites are OFFICIALLY closed here on TNET and the Facebook page. So i want to thank you all for putting the word out there, and for those folks traveling have safe travels next week. We should have an awesome time, friends and finding history!!! Nothing can beat it!!! and lets all get ready for the chat monday night here on TNET, i will post up again sunday night with a reminder. Lot fo cool stuff to read about in the historical book from the lafayette county historical society we bought last week,...

Again im going to share this , this was posted on the 24th of january. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Ocala can you make sure you spell my name right on the trophy plaque please!!! BUZZLITEBEER!

:blob10::blob7::blob3::blob5:

Woot only 3 days to go..........friday dont count because I will be worthless at work!!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread