What's new

OK Im back again with another what is it..(solved by Lucas & bigcypresshunter)

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I'm back again with another what is it..(solved by Lucas & bigcypresshunter)

No clue at all... there is a pencil in the back ground for size reference ok I have one clue its square on the bottom round at the top... and it made of brass... ok fine thats 3... no writing... nothing on it... found in an area that dates from the 30's to the 50's

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • whatsit.webp
    whatsit.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 340
  • whatsit2.webp
    whatsit2.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 332
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

My guess would be a cast brass lamp base
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

It looks like the base of an old electric lamp.
roger
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Desktop flag holder?
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Any threads in the hole and the pencil not good for size. How wide is it?
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Candlestick base. From when? 1930's-50's. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

its about 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 I'll look ands see if it has threads
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Might have had a metal spike sticking up to stab reciepts on. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

if anyone seen any of that... sorry I had a premature solution... the hole is too big...

it is threaded... the threaded diameter is almost 1/4 inch real close
 

Attachments

  • whatsit3.webp
    whatsit3.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

The base to some sort of trophy, like bowling or other sporting competitions.
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Lucas said:
Candlestick base. From when? 1930's-50's. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I thought of that as well, unscrewing it may make it pack easy plus easier to clean :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Electric lamp or candlestick base? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • candle stand.webp
    candle stand.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

mick56 said:
The base to some sort of trophy, like bowling or other sporting competitions.

I'm thinking the same thing, a lot of trophies have threaded rod that goes up through the rest of the parts of the trophy, it is about the right size for a small trophy.

I guess it could be a small candlestick base as well with the upper part screwing into the base.

Skip
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

Lucas said:
Candlestick base. From when? 1930's-50's. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Except that they can still be bought today.
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

I would say candlestick, 1 1/2 inches is pretty small for a trophy base.
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

chukers said:
its about 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 I'll look ands see if it has threads
I didnt realize it was so small. :icon_scratch: Thats tiny like the size of a matchbook.
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...

bigcypresshunter said:
Electric lamp or candlestick base? :dontknow:


Now we have a winner! those two in the middle have an identical base to what I found... Good Job!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

But I'd still say its an older one....
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...(solved by bigcypresshunter)

I think Lucas said candlestick first. :) Maybe I get an assist.
 
Upvote 0
Re: OK.. I'm back again with another what is it...(solved by bigcypresshunter)

bigcypresshunter said:
I think Lucas said candlestick first. :) Maybe I get an assist.

I stand corrected....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom