What's new

🥇 BANNER OK.... just got the ID... This insane!!!

41Digger

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
191
Reaction score
1,457
Golden Thread
0
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

  • 20251023_174614.webp
    20251023_174614.webp
    334.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 1761272673520.webp
    1761272673520.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
I had no idea that your ugly-ass fake junk no good coin might be worth thousands!!!!
Wow. Just…. Wow.
Years from now I want to look back and find out how much you made out in an auction.
 
Too bad you're going to give it away to the landowner.
Remember that was stated in the video?

What video:dontknow::laughing7:
Congratulations on the better looking coin than the auction example.
 
Bro just casually posts a $50,000-$100,000+ coin the other day thinking it's a cheap King George III counterfeit. I think it's fascinating because of the 1783 date, that means this was likely made in the first year of the USA's existence post-war, or just before the Treaty of Paris. It's a much better example of that one posted in the link. The backwards S is proof it was made with the same die as that one, likely made earlier when the die wasn't worn out as much. Stunning.
 
Wow that is awesome to see that comp. I love how the description refers to a dug coin as a "grounder". I actually think your coin is a "home run" (see what I did there?)
 
Last edited:
counterfeits are big bucks.... check out this Mexican auction from a few months back..... the prices are in MXN but still if you convert to US some are pretty darn high indeed.



this one went for $2368.45
 
I had no idea that your ugly-ass fake junk no good coin might be worth thousands!!!!
Wow. Just…. Wow.
Years from now I want to look back and find out how much you made out in an auction.
If I was to sell it, it would never go to an auction... private sale only
 
I know damn well that if dug that, I’d have carved it up with my Lesche.
It'd likely still retain a significant portion of its value as it would still be one of the best examples known even with the king's face bisected by a fresh gash, but then you'd have to live with the crushing knowledge that a coin lasted for 242 years in great condition till you came along and mucked it up! I felt bad enough putting a slight abrasion on a toasted silver barber half dollar once 🤣👍
 
Wow that is awesome to see that comp. I love how the description refers to a dug coin as a "grounder". I actually think your coin is "home run" (see what I did there?)
The 2009 coin Stacks referred to as a "grounder" was the one I dug. 1 of 3 known at the time. This one is obviously the 4th and in MUCH better shape. LOOK at the FIRST coin in my finds. Made the banner in 2009. Coin is classified as a Machin Mills CFT. KG. 1/2 Penny. 25-83A.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom