What's new

🥇 BANNER OK.... just got the ID... This insane!!!

41Digger

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
191
Reaction score
1,457
Golden Thread
0
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

  • 20251023_174614.webp
    20251023_174614.webp
    334.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 1761272673520.webp
    1761272673520.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
Haven't been on T-Net as much of late. I CANNOT BELIEVE that this coin is not getting any attention. Not only a Banner Find, but only 1 of 4 KNOWN! A FANTASTIC looking specimen of the 4 also. I guess a lot of members aren't very familiar with this type of coin.
 
Last edited:
It'd likely still retain a significant portion of its value as it would still be one of the best examples known even with the king's face bisected by a fresh gash, but then you'd have to live with the crushing knowledge that a coin lasted for 242 years in great condition till you came along and mucked it up! I felt bad enough putting a slight abrasion on a toasted silver barber half dollar once 🤣👍
Sorry to rain on your negativity party, but that was there long before I came along..
 
Haven't been on T-Net as much of late. I CANNOT BELIEVE that this coin is not getting any attention. Not only a Banner Find, but only 1 of 4 KNOWN! A FANTASTIC looking specimen of the 4 also. I guess a lot of members aren't very familiar with this type of coin.
 
Sorry to rain on your negativity party, but that was there long before I came along..
I was speaking hypothetically if it was to have recieved a gash, of which I can see no gash present on the artifact presented. If any negativity was construed through my statement just know it was unintentional.
 
WOOOOW !!!!! WHAT A FIND !!!!! CONGRATS !!!!
 
The 2009 coin Stacks referred to as a "grounder" was the one I dug. 1 of 3 known at the time. This one is obviously the 4th and in MUCH better shape. LOOK at the FIRST coin in my finds. Made the banner in 2009. Coin is classified as a Machin Mills CFT. KG. 1/2 Penny. 25-83A.
The 2009 coin Stacks referred to as a "grounder" was the one I dug. 1 of 3 known at the time. This one is obviously the 4th and in MUCH better shape. LOOK at the FIRST coin in my finds. Made the banner in 2009. Coin is classified as a Machin Mills CFT. KG. 1/2 Penny. 25-83A.
I have been talking to Stacks, and others knowledgeable on contemporary counterfeits and they feel this is absolutely
not a Machin Mills. I cannot find a designation anywhere for this coin that mentions Machin Mills. Here is one possibility. A Blacksmith in New York.
 

Attachments

  • 20251030_090724.webp
    20251030_090724.webp
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
I misspoke saying Machin Mills. LOL.......It's been a while.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom