What's new

Ok lets see if you guys can id this.....

teak

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This item was found in a field that dated back to 1700's in NC. I actually had it in the trash pile, then saw some letters on it, so took it back out and cleaned it up. I can make out "OUR" on the piece, it looks to me like it has been bent or mangled :icon_scratch: Good Luck! :)
 

Attachments

  • our 001.webp
    our 001.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 411
  • our 004.webp
    our 004.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 399
  • our 005.webp
    our 005.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 404
  • our 006.webp
    our 006.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 100_2707.webp
    100_2707.webp
    43 KB · Views: 364
Easy, a piece of scrap lead.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Easy, a piece of scrap lead.

I agree it is a piece of scrap, but what was it originally?? lol
 
Upvote 0
teak said:
CRUSADER said:
Easy, a piece of scrap lead.

I agree it is a piece of scrap, but what was it originally?? lol
I remember IDing a lead piece with three letters on it. It turned out to be from an large old car and radio battery but I cant remember the three letters. Its a shot in the dark but search key words lead radio battery here in "What is it".
 
Upvote 0
Never mind, wrong three letters. battery radio USL.webp
 
Upvote 0
Definitely lead! You can usually tell by weight, color, and rough/serrated edges.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom