OK LUE hounds, go to work on this

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooo

Urraca Mesa has a geologic feature commonly referred to as "The Tooth of Time. There are not one, but two Benchmark monuments in the immediate area. Take a look and tell me if anything about these reminds you at all of the LUE:

View attachment 1630335 View attachment 1630336

Interesting eh?

Ran across these on a geocaching site quite by accident: https://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=GM0786

Hello All,

Thought you might like to listen to this about Urraca Mesa.

Remembering that there is a portal that leads to the gates of hell. I recall the Indians used to call the Spanish "Devils" and the "Aztecs" also had that some notoriety due to their sacrificing humans to their religion. So It comes as no surprise that they would think that the indentation at the top of Urraca Mesa is indeed the portal entrance?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DFA8F3111060B1B88350DFA8F3111060B1B&FORM=VIRE

Enjoy what it has to say in its regard.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

This came from another site:

https://realghoststories.tumblr.com/post/77874853569/my-ghost-story-from-philmont-anon-submission

My Ghost Story From Philmont (anon submission)
Located on the property of Philmont Scout Ranch in Northeast New Mexico is a mesa known as Urraca Mesa. I have visited this ranch many times from age 13 to now, four times as a camper and twice as a staff member. I have been on this mesa all six times I was at Philmont, and each year, except the last nothing strange or odd ever occurred. Before I tell of my personal experience on this mesa, I want to give a little background.
There are many myths and legends regarding this mesa. Some of them were invented by the staff to scare the campers, such as “The Lost Boy Scout”, while others maybe as old as time itself. Legends regarding this mesa date back to the times of the Anasazi and Jicarilla Apache Indians who once lived in the area.
The mesa is a strange place to visit. If you look at the piece of the topographical map you will notice that the left side (western edge) of the mesa has a skull like shape with a slight indentation where the “eye” would be. Additionally, compasses are little if any good while on the mesa, as they tend to move erratically about. Scientists have explained this little phenomenon away to the high levels of iron in the basalt rock that forms the cap of the mesa.
This mesa is known to have the highest number of lightening strikes per year in all of New Mexico. Is this due to the iron, or something else? Photographers are challenged to get good quality photographs while near the eye of the mesa, having streaks of white and blue in the prints and negatives. Are these spirits or iron distorting the film?
The word “urraca” means magpie. The magpie is a mid-sized black bird with white on its wings and chest. It is a member of the crow family. The Anasazi and Apache believed that the Magpie was a portent of evil and a bad omen. They believed that if the magpie called your name, you were doomed to an ill fate.
The Anasazi believe that the “eye” in the skull area of the mesa was a portal to the Fifth Dimension, or hell as you and I would refer to it. Medicine men from the neighboring Navajo tribe have studied the mesa, the petro glyphs and lore of the area, and have come to the conclusion that a huge battle between the Anasazi and the forces of the underworld was waged on the top of the mesa. The Anasazi were victorious, but at a cost.
In the end, all but their oldest and most powerful shaman returned to the Fifth Dimension. In order to keep the evil of the Fifth Dimension within sealed off, the shaman sealed it behind them with the use of six totems bearing cat carvings. Should all six of these totems fall, the portal would open and horrors from the other realm would be released causing the equivalent to an apocalypse. The cat totems were said to scare away the magpies who were believed could open the portal. Reports claim that four or five have already fallen, but these are unconfirmed.
Last summer, while I was a staff member at Philmont Scout Ranch, I had an opportunity to participate in an unofficial event called the Ranger Marathon. The idea of the event is to start at the northern most staffed camp on the ranch and hike to the southern most staffed camp with a 35 pound pack plus food and water. It is done on an honor system, and is not officially sanctioned by the BSA. This hike is usually done solo, or with one other person. While only the trail guides, or “rangers” as they are called, are allowed to participate in this “race”, I was allowed since in at the time I was an assistant—sorta— and I was one of them.
The route I chose for this grueling hike through the rugged Sangre de Christo Mountains takes you directly over the top of Urraca Mesa. Additionally, since it was the middle of the summer, I decided to do the trip at night to avoid the heat of day. It was a clear moonlit night.
At about three in the morning I crested the northern rim of Urraca Mesa, by way of Urraca Camp, and was prepared for a short jaunt across and down in to Toothache Springs camp of the southern slope. I paused to have a drink of water, when I heard some noise off to the west of me. Something or someone was shuffling through the bushes.
As I reached for my flashlight, I was thinking it was a deer, bear or mountain lion, yes, they do live there. I hit the button to turn it on, but nothing happened. I thought this was very odd, since I put new batteries in it at the start of the marathon, and hadn’t used it since the start. I grabbed my spare light, and it too did not work, even with the brand new batteries I had put in it.
“Okay,” I thought, “stand still and be quiet. It will move on in a few minutes.”
The sound came closer and then stopped in some bushes about 20 feet away from me. After a few minutes, I started to move on down the trail towards the south, and after a few hundred feet I heard the sound again. As I stopped and looked, the sound stopped too.
I started walking again, and the same thing happened. I stopped, and the sound stopped. Looking ahead, I saw a break in the bushes parallel to the trail I was on; this break was by the trail that leads up into the “skull” of the mesa. I walked further down the trail and as I came alongside the opening in the bushes, I watched the end of the bushes.
As I passed the end of the bushes, I saw a figure about half my height, hairless, and dark skinned watching me from the edge. “What the **** is that?!?” I screamed to myself as I start running down the trail. “Is that one of the creatures from the portal?” As I ran I suddenly realized that I was approaching the “eye” of the skull. Somehow I had veered off the trail I was on, and went west instead of south.
I turned and ran for the southern rim as fast as I could, scared out of my wits. As I crossed the southern rim, I regained the trail towards Toothache Springs Camp. About halfway down, I paused to catch my breath, and looked back up the trail, only to see a figure bathed in bluish light standing on the cliff tops above me.
The Utes, Apache and Navajo Indians who lived in the area after the demise of the Anasazi, along with visitors today, claim the shaman, bathed in a bluish light, is still guarding the portal. Personally, I am in total agreement with them.

Believe what you will/wish

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i remember being in the Scouts and the older boys taking great pleasure in scaring the socks off freshman campers with elaborate campfire ghost stories and pranks in the dark.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All,

As a note Urraca Mesa has the most lightning strikes in all of New Mexico. This is one of the clues the Spanish looked for in regard to gold outcroppings and minerals. GOLD is the best conductor of electricity and the portal in my opinion is the depository for a Spanish/Aztec treasure. Refer to the Gemelli Map of the journey of the Aztec Aztlan. The large rock on the top left center with the grasshopper. (Urraca Mesa) conjecture on my part? Then again?

Aztlan Journey Map 1704 Gemelli.png

I have studied much in regard to location and this is only one such point and there are many out there.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Last edited:
OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
To All,

As a note Urraca Mesa has the most lightning strikes in all of New Mexico. This is one of the clues the Spanish looked for in regard to gold outcroppings and minerals. GOLD is the best conductor of electricity and the portal in my opinion is the depository for a Spanish/Aztec treasure. Refer to the Gemelli Map of the journey of the Aztec Aztlan. The large rock on the top left center with the grasshopper. (Urraca Mesa) conjecture on my part? Then again?

View attachment 1746765

I have studied much in regard to location and this is only one such point and there are many out there.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

A couple points. Lightning strikes are more frequent at all high points in any terrain. How would Spanish explorers in new terrain distinguish one point from another in the mountains? (By the way, silver is a better conductor than gold.) Also, why is the hill on the map named “grasshopper” and not “magpie”? Third, if that hill is Urraca Mesa, what is it on the map that identifies its location or the idea that gold is hidden on it? You may be correct, but it seems like you’re trying to match a speculative treasure rumor to Aztec history without very strong connections.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Samuel - Cool ‘map’ ! Would Shiprock be a good fit for your Aztlan - Gemelli Map too ? If I recall correctly the land in that area was fertile farmland a millennium ago and the rock itself has a history of religious significance with indian tribes.

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have to agree with everyone who has mentioned the KGC. I haven't looked at the article about the stone yet, but the "star" is probably a compass rose. The "hearts" and the "obelisk" are also used by the KGC. Combine these clues with the weathering of the stone itself, and the timing of the "stories" in the area makes me think it is possibly KGC. The stone that is still on site should be examined closely in conjunction with the surrounding area. There will be directional/topographical clues which will lead the tracker in the desired direction if it is KGC. There could also be buried metal clues placed at specific distances from the stone to help the searcher. Whether this stone is related to the LUE, I have no clue however. I find the LUE a very interesting subject, and have done a certain amount of research on it myself. One possible theory, is that this LUE burial is an older treasure located by the KGC and either relocated or remarked (new signs) and left in place.

Wrong, I've been there and it is a Spanish directional marker. Nothing to do with KGC or knights templar.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lue-Hawn - how does the weathering on nearby gravesite markers compare to Serna’s obelisk ?
Hello Ryano,

Usually the Spanish when looking for mineral wealth would carry easily carved stone with them to place in areas that were hidden but could be found if one had the right directions. I have been there again and its interesting to note I took compass readings off the rock obelisk and noticed some distinct carvings especially the one facing south that appears to be a chalice supported by pillars.

The Spanish were keen on “PILLARS OF STONE” just like Victorio Peak which has 3 carved chalices and is considered a “Hand of God” site and there are several I know of. Two are in Texas, two are in New Mexico, one in Arizona and one in Brazil. I have seen one in Texas in particular that is very prominent.

There are other sites that refer to the hand of Jesus and can be found in various parts of the southwest of America. Please look at the photographs of symbols carefully as they can be found in as mentioned various places. You have to know how they appear and the Spanish were clever in their construction.

Regards

LUE-Hawn
CB760300-5594-4417-94AF-6BA250E16745.jpeg
38DD9BE0-C4B3-4DC8-9C48-36BEF898629D.jpeg
F9032760-CA4D-4012-821B-27737DD2CBE9.jpeg
4C530771-451F-461B-BD06-159F81555AD2.jpeg
A1A37FBA-4CE0-424B-8645-3C19BF68128E.jpeg
C3BD2270-15B9-492E-BDA1-7CC89CD20130.jpeg
E6B9DACC-20D5-484E-9953-9806D66C63C0.jpeg

OP
OP
sdcfia