What's new

Ok whatcha think

darryl

Full Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
150
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
It was found in Washington Parish La. Out in a field- other pieces were found in same area- any thoughts. Appreciate any help

image-3109510429.webp
 

Attachments

  • image-3181432301.webp
    image-3181432301.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
Ill show you one I have but this one is 3.5 inches. I bought mine from a antique store.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1994.webp
    100_1994.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 346
What is it with you and game balls man?
Look... clay marbles dude!
Clay marbles.

claymarbs.webp

He doesn't have a quartz mill ball or some other non metallic ball used for pulverizing material that would not be smart to use metal balls that could spark while tumbling in like gunpowder.
Sorry rock but that's what you bought.
Did you ever wonder why yours doesn't have any patina?
Yours actually looks like ceramic.
They have a visible seam when new..not for long though once put to use
 
Last edited:
That will do GB, That'll do, enough...
 
These were found where there was no modern habitation but were ancient sites (coin is for size ref). How could they not make clay balls ? Nice finds. I also have some caucasian made ones. Identical it seems.


100_4307.webp
 
You know we have been around this block plenty of times. I will tell you again....I have taken this not once but twice to 2 different places and both places have said it is a true Game Ball. Sorry you think it is a milling ball but you are wrong. Nothing wrong with being wrong at times. Humans do that.
 
Last edited:
I can't tell the difference The weight of the ball, plus the context it was found in would be a selling point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom