What's new

Okinawa GOLD and PLATINUM

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, the gang got together for another hunt tonight. The low tide was at 9:11 pm and we got started promptly at 8pm.

Rob and Jason immediately hit the water to hunt, and I stayed in the wet sand for a bit before deciding to take the plunge and work the fringe zones.

The targets were few and far between... but I got lucky within the first 30 minutes and dug a 500 yen coin from a pretty impressive depth. We've POUNDED this beach over the last few months, so it was shocking that anything came out of the ground.

I guess the sand moved around a bit, because the beach didn't quite look like I remembered. I guess that was good, because towards the end of the 4 hour hunt, I scored a nice 18k band in the wet sand, then turned around and got a Pt 900 within 5 minutes. I tried to round out the trifecta by finding a silver ring, but the only hopeful I did find turned out to be a crapper.

So here's the take for the night

1,896 yen $25
18k gold ring
Pt 900 ring
crapper ring
lots of misc BS
12 guage shotgun shell

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI. I hope everyone finds gold in their scoop on their next trip out. Best of luck to everyone.

Nate


004-18.jpg

005-14.jpg

006-11.jpg

007-12.jpg

008-10.jpg

009-7.jpg

010-5.jpg

011-3.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on fine hunting!!

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • pic123680.webp
    pic123680.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 798
  • pic123680.webp
    pic123680.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 789
You had a great hunt. Congratulations.
 
Nice going you got to love it WTG :wav:
 
Nate you just amaze me with what you find on toughs beaches there.

Jonnie
 
Nate, that was actually pretty good. I thought for sure we were going to come out of there with maybe 3-6 yen each. I have not looked at my finds yet, will post later. Grats again on the Plat & Yellow. That plat is nice has 18K gold and diamond, very nice.
 
Like I said Rob... we've pounded that place hard over the last few months, so I was shocked to find anything really. Those 2 rings popped out within minutes of each other too. I don't know... maybe there's just some areas that haven't been hit as hard as others.

It was finally nice to find something worthy of posting. The last few hunts have been pretty uneventful.... not even a nice silver ring to brag about.
 
you suck..... >:( >:( >:( >:( wish i could find some pt here good job b keep up the good work and you will be sitting behind that Barrett 50 bmg in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Pipster said:
you suck..... >:( >:( >:( >:( wish i could find some pt here good job b keep up the good work and you will be sitting behind that Barrett 50 bmg in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got about half the money saved up for it... but I'm only 9 gold and platinum rings deep for the year. I still need quite a bit more
 
really beaut haul, :icon_thumleft: love the PT - Universe I want a PT like bobbypins! :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice finds BP on the Gold and Pt 900 rings.
Both are good looking....thanks for sharing.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Nice finds. Seems the Asians like the PT. Keep it up!
 
Very nice...WTG!
 
Thanks for all the replies. It's nice to know my posts don't go unnoticed simply because I'm not in the US at the moment. I think more Tnetters need to make a trip to Japan for a visit. The detecting is quite impressive most days.
 
Killer rings! I hope I can find a couple this year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom