OLD BENTWOOD BOXS MARK THE LOST SPANISH MOUND

Re: OLD BENTWOOD BOX'S AND DEM BOARDS

video everything,
if you need help say the word
i think i know the erea you are in since i live near it.
i would never mess with your find but would love to video it with you.
just for the record and the proof
Rick

stefen said:
Just visited the Royal Canadian Museum in Victoria and viewed similar boxes that were made from a single board with grooves that were bent to make corners and the ends were pegged...native indians, bur don't recall the tribe.

Now I'm more confused...the boxes in the pictures were dovetailed and not a single board?...possibly Indian made?...yes/no..?

hmmm said:
I am actually a little worried about this spot, i took the RCMP to gps the spot. if they tell the local native band, the band will most likely make it disappear, like they have done many times before, its erasing history..

imafishingnutt said:
video everything,
Rick

I'm still not sure what the purpose of your hunt is?...Are you treasure hunting? or as you say in your other post, trying to document the existence of people other than the "natives" in the area?...or both?

If you're hunting on public land and not breaking any laws..I would do the following..

Stop telling/showing people what you are finding(not us of course..just the bad guys)...

Rick got the right idea IMO...video and take pictures of everything...grid and map out all your finds(you don't have to be an archaeologist to act like one)..

Collect everything you can carry..(except dem boards)..and document everything...

Find a good hiding spot for your finds...

Gather all the info you have..pics/vids/stories and put it together in portfolio that you can present to either.... the media, to find the truth... or investors, to find the treasure....

Hows this for a theory?
The boxes are Indian made, as coffins though.
The bones were in said boxes.
Many South American tribes removed all flesh from corpses before burial.
King Georges fellows came through and in good fashion ransacked the boxes for artifacts.

just a theory

vacavala

Burial customs varied widely from tribe to tribe. Indians disposed of their dead in a variety of ways. Arctic tribes, for example, simply left their dead on the frozen ground for wild animals to devour. The ancient mound-building Hopewell societies of the Upper Midwest, by contrast, placed the dead in lavishly furnished tombs. Southeastern tribes practiced secondary bone burial. They dug up their corpses, cleansed the bones, and then reburied them. The Northeast Iroquois, before they formed the Five Nations Confederation in the seventeenth century, saved skeletons of the deceased for a final mass burial that included furs and ornaments for the dead spirits' use in the afterlife. Northwest coastal tribes put their dead in mortuary cabins or canoes fastened to poles. Further south, California tribes practiced cremation. In western mountain areas tribes often deposited their dead in caves or fissures in the rocks. Nomadic tribes in the Great Plains region either buried their dead, if the ground was soft, or left them on tree platforms or on scaffolds. Central and South Atlantic tribes embalmed and mummified their dead. But during outbreaks of smallpox or other diseases leading to the sudden deaths of many tribe members, survivors hurriedly cast the corpses into a mass grave or threw them into a river.

stefen said:
Just visited the Royal Canadian Museum in Victoria and viewed similar boxes that were made from a single board with grooves that were bent to make corners and the ends wereĀ  pegged...native indians, bur don't recall the tribe.
I have lost all respect for the bc museum , i contacted them in 1987 and have been waiting for them to come see me since then.Ā  what they say and what is reality are two diferent things.
I think what i need now is lawers, as for treasure hunting, if it where not against the law, i would have 500000 silver coins under my bed. The good thing is, i still hold mineral title after 20 years of this .

Copperhead said:
stefen said:
Just visited the Royal Canadian Museum in Victoria and viewed similar boxes that were made from a single board with grooves that were bent to make corners and the ends wereĀ  pegged...native indians, bur don't recall the tribe.

Now I'm more confused...the boxes in the pictures were dovetailed and not a single board?...possibly Indian made?...yes/no..?

hmmm said:
I am actually a little worried about this spot, i took the RCMP to gps the spot. if they tell the local native band, the band will most likely make it disappear, like they have done many times before, its erasing history..

imafishingnutt said:
video everything,
Rick

I'm still not sure what the purpose of your hunt is?...Are you treasure hunting? or as you say in your other post,Ā  trying to document the existence of people other than the "natives" in the area?...or both?

If you're hunting on public land and not breaking any laws..I would do the following..

Stop telling/showing people what you are finding(not us of course..just the bad guys)...

Rick got the right idea IMO...video and take pictures of everything...grid and map out all your finds(you don't have to be an archaeologist to act like one)..

Collect everything you can carry..(except dem boards)..and document everything...

Gather all the info you have..pics/vids/stories and put it together in portfolio that you can present to either.... the media, to find the truth... or investors, to find the treasure....

Ā 
i hate to say it, but its against the law to act like a archaeologist. Yes i have 20 years of righting, video and pictures.Ā 
imafishinnut any help would be appreciated, the problem is i cant protect you , and you would need it if you help me.Ā 
as for who made the boxes, i have said it before, if you can make the wheel you can make such a intricate box ;-)get it.
have i thanked you guys for the help

Still a intresting thread, I liked the burial ground idea also the wooden object could be a wedge for a ships deck to secure cargo (driven into a preferated deck)

hmmm said:
Copperhead said:
stefen said:
Just visited the Royal Canadian Museum in Victoria and viewed similar boxes that were made from a single board with grooves that were bent to make corners and the ends were pegged...native indians, bur don't recall the tribe.

hmmm said:

imafishingnutt said:
video everything,
Rick

I'm still not sure what the purpose of your hunt is?...Are you treasure hunting? or as you say in your other post, trying to document the existence of people other than the "natives" in the area?...or both?

i hate to say it, but its against the law to act like a archaeologist. Yes i have 20 years of righting, video and pictures.
imafishinnut any help would be appreciated, the problem is i cant protect you , and you would need it if you help me.
as for who made the boxes, i have said it before, if you can make the wheel you can make such a intricate box ;-)get it.
have i thanked you guys for the help

When I mentioned acting like an archaeologist, I was refering to recovery techniques..not impersonating an archie...

Again a few questions..

Are you legally able to search for and recover objects in the mentioned areas..?

Is the main purpose of this adventure treasure hunting?

Are the "bad guys" government, tribal members or other "hunters" or a combination of these?

thanks..

Is this place documented anywhere else?

The key here i think is, who are these people?

could it be a burial cave that was used by chance to hide pirate booty?

were they guarding the boxes and murdered?

obviously European weapons were involved at one point

Who are the local tribes? historically and now?

hmmm said:
this picture is what we found 3 mounths later,

I noticed the photo has been altered ,,, why is that?

what is the round thing above the box?

index.php

ralph, i dont know how the spot got on the picture. you ask why i altered the picture, covered the girls face for obvious reasons. when i found the box, it had 3 sides , a ceder mat with a bunch of stuff in it , the skull and cross bone was set on the mat and poinetd east. when i went back , 3 mounths later with a camera , the mat was gone, stuff was fallen over , the left side of the box was torn off and it looked like someone tried to light it on fire.. I knew someone was there.
RELICDUDE07 said:
you need to look that placeĀ  very good?maybeĀ  make a siffter 3 ft by 3ftĀ wire mesh Ā for glass beads and stones they may have falling out of rings and such? good luck take some water and buckets and wash around a little on wallsĀ  and sand? just thinking out loud/Ā  itĀ  looks likeĀ  pirateĀ  booty all mixed up from around the world? old navy button found some like that here? its not 10 century/ 1790s royal navy its in books and on line?and the beads are cool /they are trade beads trade for fur and foodĀ  anythingĀ  of valueĀ  Ā Ā  Ā i have found them too money was hard to come by in 1700s? and the cuff links found some like that to 1800s ?Ā Ā  i think someone beat you toĀ  the mother loadĀ  maybe in theĀ  1800sĀ  but you have found some greatĀ  stuffĀ  andĀ  may find moreĀ  Ā deep our on the trail?did you see the boxes full? im lost?Ā  i dont think so you would have took them with ya?someone found the boxesĀ  Ā a long time ago maybeĀ  Ā the pirates that put them there came back a week later and put it all in a bigĀ  trunk just like they plan to do ?later/relic p.s.Ā  that one viking silver thing ?looks like spanish pottery1700s? nothing dates past 1700 s?Ā this may help you in your search 1790s royal navy/glass beads 1700s/pottery

i know lots of stuff went missing in the 1800's, but without a metal detector , or under standing the peices of eight , the mother load would be a needle in a haystack. I do think the load went missingĀ  between the time i found the cave, in 2004 and when i found the young lowĀ  coins.Ā  Ā  i only found them because i followed the pirate legend, and used a mxt ,10 feet south south east and 10 paces north north east. 20 paces to the skull and cross bones.Ā  "the Boy in the box".

follow the link to the canadainĀ  treasure rules.
http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/H/96187_01.htm#section13

RELICDUDE07 said:
i just dont think vikings?

I had my doubts but maybe through the arctic it would be possible in the summer.

searching

RELICDUDE07 said:
great find :) i just dont think vikings?the stuff is not that old? you may have told the wrong people about your find? without knowing?ever heard that old saying / loose lips sink ships?

you do have a point about the dates/viking connection

VINLAND AND VANCOVER ISLAND

Attachments

• vinland.jpg
    vinland.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 4,592

::) ::) ::) ::) The boxes are all identical, local tight grein wood, some are 23 rings per centimeter, cedar. they are light and could be for frut . ::) they would make a good box for storing clothing or silk. would make a good viking box , each viking seaman had one. , they used them as seats and stored there goods in them. I imagine they had them in the 1600's. they can be dated. there is the bottom of a picture missimng, its the lid from the box. a thick hand split board it would make a good seat box. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Attachments

• topboard1.jpg
    topboard1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3,073

relicdude, you have only helped a little.
.". above are so thinĀ  you can tell there plywood"
assumption does not help.
i am convinced the button is of Georgian period, as this fits the pirate story's and theories some have put forward..Ā 

what do you mean here, which box picture are you talking about, give us the jpg name?Ā  If you have id some of the boards ,we would like to see the "Viking web site" . the old anchor came from a viking web.
"some of the pics came from A Viking web site of the wood I'm sure? "
there is only 1 plywood box out there , in this cave the old boxes and bones where taken and replaced with a fake box, it looks like a small dead animal had been put in the box. this was a Ā  grave dessicration i think it happened Ā  10 or so years ago,

Relicdude you got me excited, do you see viking boards.

RELICDUDE07 said:
above are so thinĀ  you can tell there plywood?
?i can date them for you 1986 ;)
what do you think about that button does it still look 10th century?
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
some of the pics came from aĀ  vikingĀ  web site of the wood im sure?
??? ??? ??? ???Ā  your just confusing us "yes i didĀ  national geographic book?"??? ??? ??? ???
just like mine did on the old spanish boxĀ  Ā .Ā good luck

now we are gettin somewhere, i did have this picture from a viking site and just found the link.Ā  http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/wood.shtml#Wood

recicdude
"some of the pics came from a viking web site of the wood"

"yes i didĀ  national geographic book?"

i still would like to see that viking green thing it looks like a good find " ??? ??? ??? ???
do you mean the anchor button, i'm sure its 1700's early 1800's british maybe.

Attachments

• vikingtoolbox.jpg
    vikingtoolbox.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,579

help is muchly apreciatedĀ  Ā  the green thing is a georgian period military badge, itĀ  came from badgeguy islandĀ  its badly damaged but it has king george writtenĀ  on it.Ā Ā  its back in the earth now. lost in time. what is "wash the paper"
I have access to the cd national graphic site, if you had a date i could do some research.
Ā  iĀ  will eventualy find some money and just date the boards, .
the coins have dates, 1600's and 1400'sĀ  buttons from 1700'sĀ Ā  and old boxes, maybe the pirates found the viking stash and the spanish stash .Ā  Ā 
As you guys can see in the regs, any thing i have that dates befor 1849, is protected under canadain law, if metal detecting you find a 1700's artifact, its left till the gov comes to id it. they never do.Ā If you take it to them you are braking the law, if you sell it you brake the law .Ā 
as forĀ  all dem british boards, no mater where they came from, are handed to native bands for reburial.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back