What's new

Old Brass Thing

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this in my backyard while checking to see if the the ground was still frozen. My house dates back to the 1740's, so this could be pretty old. I believed it to be stamped at first, but a closer look shows that each shape is a little different and each line looks hand carved. I could be wrong about though. Anyways, what do you think this item is, and how old is it probably?

It also looks to be hand cut at though bottom, not sure why though.

DSC_0155.webpDSC_0145.webpDSC_0148.webpDSC_0163.webpDSC_0155.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom