What's new

old button

kevo

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
I found this today about an hour South of Louisville. I have found several old Tombac buttons, a few pewter buttons, etc. The oldest dated item I found here was a counterfeit 1825 mexican reale. Any idea on this button would be great...thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1182.webp
    DSCN1182.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN1183.webp
    DSCN1183.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN1190.webp
    DSCN1190.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN1191.webp
    DSCN1191.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCN1192.webp
    DSCN1192.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN1182.webp
    DSCN1182.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN1183.webp
    DSCN1183.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN1190.webp
    DSCN1190.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN1191.webp
    DSCN1191.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN1192.webp
    DSCN1192.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 204
Imitation Roman Coin button.  I would think this was more of a Victorian thing...BUT, the one-piece construction means it is most likely an earlier find. So let's say 1830, give or take.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,108317.0.html
Found one in Sep 07.

Yours is a much nicer example. :thumbsup:

I have seen seen 1 other stud with Nero on it. I have nothing else to compare it to, as its not in any books I own. I thought Georgian rather than Victorian. So 1790-1830 is possible, but I could be way off.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom