What's new

old coin, not a clue what it is!!! Please help

firefighter35

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
Hey, took this coin to my local detecting club to show it off. We all were wondering what it was and how old it is. I found this coin awhile ago and just thought it was junk, lol It looks to be gold or brass. It does have reeds around the outside rim. Any help would be great guys. !!!!! :help: Last pic is a size comp. Please help, lol
 

Attachments

  • front coin.webp
    front coin.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 288
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 252
  • size comp.webp
    size comp.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 291
Looks like a "California Small Denomination Gold Token" but I don't think its an authentic one if thats what it is supposed to be, some features are missing and looks to be brass. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
DigginThePast said:
Looks like a "California Small Denomination Gold Token" but I don't think its an authentic one if thats what it is supposed to be, some features are missing and looks to be brass. :icon_scratch:

I Agree with this.
 
Upvote 0
DigginThePast said:
Looks like a "California Small Denomination Gold Token" but I don't think its an authentic one if thats what it is supposed to be, some features are missing and looks to be brass. :icon_scratch:


Lots of fakes!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom