Old Egyptian decorative item

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a few years but I am super happy to be back. I have been hunting on a 1500 acre farm I got permission to detect on recently. I have been searching around a house site and in the sorrounding fields and have found quite a bit of civil war items. Mostly bullets and buttons. I have a map that shows exactly where the house sat at one time, but I tend to hunt more in the field because of how much iron is in the ground where the house was. Today i decided to search through all of the iron and I discovered a neat little item. I'm not quite sure what it could be but it has images of Egyptian monuments on it. I just want to known what the item may be and if someone could tell me what the age range could be. Thank you guys... hope to be posting a lot more here soon. HH&GL

20171123_114951.jpg

20171123_115004.jpg

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why do you think its Egyptian?
I don't think it's actually Egyptian but it has the sphinx, the tall monument above it and on the other side it's the pyramid. It also has the writing around the parameter that's "egyptian" lol I'm sure it's decorative, but I was more curious of the age and purpose of it. Not sure if it was a pin or a broach or something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pics are pretty bad and being bent it's hard to capture it, but the sphinx is towards the bottom and I can't remember the name of the tall monument above it. The pyramid is a little worn in the other picture and those are I guess clouds above it. You can see another small pyramid in the bent section. I can't get a decent pic of it though.

Upvote 0

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
Could it be this item?

post_egyptmagiccoin_generic.jpg

Egyptian Magic Coin
Bronze, 32mm, 8.35gm

The coin shows Egyptian symbols on both sides, one side has the sphinx and pyramids, the other side has a pharaoh and various hieroglyphic symbols.

:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be this item?

post_egyptmagiccoin_generic.jpg

Egyptian Magic Coin
Bronze, 32mm, 8.35gm

The coin shows Egyptian symbols on both sides, one side has the sphinx and pyramids, the other side has a pharaoh and various hieroglyphic symbols.

:)

It has some similarities, but I believe the opposite side of it is just the imprint of the front. My piece also has that little rod attached to it. It very well could have been a toy or magic trick now that you mention it though... thank you!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread