What's new

old label?

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at the beach. It reads "Geo W Vanderbilt". (George W. Vanderbilt)

It is light and bends easily (lead?).

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • w1.webp
    w1.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 402
  • w2.webp
    w2.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 404
It may be this one. Yes, I am not much of a champagne drinker (too expensive)! :D

Thanks for the quick replies!

Size matches the bottle label!
 

Attachments

  • chardonnay2006.webp
    chardonnay2006.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
I may have the wrong bottle. Yours looks closer to the color.
 
Upvote 0
Cornelius Vanderbilt was definately not a woman. He was one of the richest men in American History. No doubt that his fortune led to family members, if not himself, building the Biltmore Estate.

A few years ago I read an article that stated that Andrew Carnegie, John D Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, and JP Morgan were so rich during their time (Later 1800's), that if you transferred their wealth back then to modern dollars, all of them would be richer than Bill Gates. That is to say, that their fortunes were larger for their era...than Bill Gates is now. That is incredible, but your talking about people who owned Railroads, Steel, Oil, Banking. Pretty incredible. I believe that article was in Forbes.

Either way, cool find you have there.


Deerhunter24
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom