
BuckleBoy said:I have a hunch that this piece is a part of a metal band around a bottle of wine from the Biltmore Estate Winery--maybe one of their sparkling wines (which bear the signature of Vanderbilt on their labels). You might want to look through their wine list and see if you can find close-up photos of the bottles for a match.
Best Wishes,
Buckleboy
CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I have a hunch that this piece is a part of a metal band around a bottle of wine from the Biltmore Estate Winery--maybe one of their sparkling wines (which bear the signature of Vanderbilt on their labels). You might want to look through their wine list and see if you can find close-up photos of the bottles for a match.
Best Wishes,
Buckleboy
arhhh, or a case of wine



bigcypresshunter said:maybe better pics. I see the end of Vanderbuilt. http://wineshop.biltmore.com/browse.cfm/4,470.html I think someone was drinking Red Wine on that lonely beach. Good ID Buckles.![]()



Moe (fl) said:I noticed that the wine bottles are called Biltmore Estate not George W Vanderbilt.

I guess you dont drink much champagne.Moe (fl) said:Thank you all for the interesting replies!
Yes, I thought that it could be a wine bottle label but why metal? I think it is thin lead or old aluminum (it is fragile!).
I noticed that the wine bottles are called Biltmore Estate not George W Vanderbilt. Could it be an old type of wine or sparkling wine?
When I found this piece, my first thought was that it was old hand writing, but now I think it is a label of some sort.
HH!
-Moe
It is wrapped in Aluminum foil which, as you know, will set off a metal detector. Our beaches down south are full of foil trash. Look at the writing on the foil wrap. It says George W. Vanderbilt on a slant and it repeats. The saltwater environment will make finds appear much older than they really are. It is thin fragile aluminum foil from a wine bottle. No doubt about it. It couldnt be any older than mid-80's. Solved. 
