What's new

Old Mill Totals- 33 Coppers in 4 Days

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Got back out alone to the old mill this morning in the cold and rain to try and find that early silver
that has eluded my hunting buddy and me for the past four days.
Alas, it was not to be, but I managed one last copper,
a William III (oldest coin from the site) before the rain drove me off.
The bulk of the finds were found in a 40' x 60' mown lawn on the bank of an old mill stream,
just above the mill dam. Not many relics turned up with the coins, so it seems that people were
at the site to do business and the price of admission was about a ha'penny.
I found 29 coppers total, and my hunting buddy found 4.
I blame this discrepancy on a faulty machine.
Our totals look to include:

1 William III
1 George I Woods Hibernia
3 George I's
1 George II Irish
11 George II's
5 Connecticut
3 Counterfeit G III's (at least one probably a Machin's Mills)
5 Matron and Braided Hair LC's
3 Unidentified, all under weight, and probably G III's or state coppers

It was a joy to experience a site like this.
I hope all of you find one or two like it or better!

Thanks for looking, and HH,

Dwayne
 

Attachments

  • P1010005.webp
    P1010005.webp
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,981
  • img040-1.webp
    img040-1.webp
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,951
  • img041-1.webp
    img041-1.webp
    262.3 KB · Views: 1,957
  • img042-1.webp
    img042-1.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,926
  • img043-1.webp
    img043-1.webp
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,941
Upvote 0
thought about trying to hunt some adjacent properties while that one is off the roster? that's an incredible site for sure.. I can't recall ever seeing anyone find that many colonials in such a short amount of time :o
 
:o :o Outstanding ... All together show a fantastic colonial hunt :thumbsup: dawg
 
Thats just INSANE - AWESOME hunting bud!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Awesome coins ..congrats ! :o
H
 
Ok, I officially hate you.


Ok, maybe strongly dislike



... And why is this not on the banner yet?
 
Congrats on all your early coppers Dwayne! :notworthy:
Just amazing man! :headbang:
These two pieces are my favourites! :thumbsup:

Congrats!
Dave
 

Attachments

  • Buckles.webp
    Buckles.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,406
Yes congrats, Specially on the William.

Again awesome site, maybe after a frost or in the spring you can snag a couple more, and maybe get your silver.
 
Man that is awesome. I'm still looking for my first colonial coin. Now you got 33 at one site Congrats digger!
 
thank you for the kind words, all.
i don't doubt that that early silver remains to be found at the site,
and look forward to getting back sometime in the future to find it.
this site still has several cellar holes that we haven't even gotten to
because of dense undergrowth and a spectacular fall deer tick bloom,
so i hope to be pulling stuff out for years to come.
in the meantime, we're getting pounded by snow here in ny, so it's
back to google earth and winter research. :icon_thumright:
 
That's an incredible haul.

I'd be overjoyed to find even one of those!
 
That is what it is all about! Wow what a haul!!
 
Am I the only one shouting banner! This is a spectacular find for a couple of hunts.k
 
bearbqd said:
Am I the only one shouting banner! This is a spectacular find for a couple of hunts.k
Ok Ill do Banner!
 
I'll say banner too! That is one place you will never forget, and exceptionally hard to find. Great job in finding it! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom