What's new

Old Mill Totals- 33 Coppers in 4 Days

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Got back out alone to the old mill this morning in the cold and rain to try and find that early silver
that has eluded my hunting buddy and me for the past four days.
Alas, it was not to be, but I managed one last copper,
a William III (oldest coin from the site) before the rain drove me off.
The bulk of the finds were found in a 40' x 60' mown lawn on the bank of an old mill stream,
just above the mill dam. Not many relics turned up with the coins, so it seems that people were
at the site to do business and the price of admission was about a ha'penny.
I found 29 coppers total, and my hunting buddy found 4.
I blame this discrepancy on a faulty machine.
Our totals look to include:

1 William III
1 George I Woods Hibernia
3 George I's
1 George II Irish
11 George II's
5 Connecticut
3 Counterfeit G III's (at least one probably a Machin's Mills)
5 Matron and Braided Hair LC's
3 Unidentified, all under weight, and probably G III's or state coppers

It was a joy to experience a site like this.
I hope all of you find one or two like it or better!

Thanks for looking, and HH,

Dwayne
 

Attachments

  • P1010005.webp
    P1010005.webp
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,981
  • img040-1.webp
    img040-1.webp
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,951
  • img041-1.webp
    img041-1.webp
    262.3 KB · Views: 1,957
  • img042-1.webp
    img042-1.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,926
  • img043-1.webp
    img043-1.webp
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,941
Upvote 0
thanks for the banner votes, guys.
appreciate it.
just got power back today after 80+ hours without.
kinda liked no internet and reading by candlelight.
now back to google earth and dirty pennies... :headbang:
 
Absolutely AMAZING!!!!For most of us those photos would be the result of a lifetime of hunting.Congratulations and I am looking for this up on the banner!
 
Wow what a colonial coin bonanza :headbang:

Why is this not in the banner :icon_scratch:


I vote banner :thumbsup:



Blaze
 
I feed off your picture of the whole bunch in the one pic ! I am inspired to get some but the wife has a list of remodeling work , a mile long ... :-\ Awesome Hunt ! I will get out tomorrow before she knows I am gone . :wink: dawg
 
I am gonna reply again, that is one hell of a score!!!! Hope even more come your way!!!
 
CMDiamonddawg said:
I feed off your picture of the whole bunch in the one pic ! I am inspired to get some but the wife has a list of remodeling work , a mile long ... :-\ Awesome Hunt ! I will get out tomorrow before she knows I am gone . :wink: dawg

i'm in the same boat- gotta try and sneak away from chores this afternoon while no one's looking.
i need one more copper to hit fifty for the year, and it's burning a hole in a my brain.
 
have you tried IN THE WATER???? Get in the water.....maybe that was what it was, kind of a wishing well portion of the area.
Has ownership transferred? I saw something about not hunting there anymore. Or, is it the weather?
Anyway, I would beg, borrow, and steal.....no, delete "steal" to get back at that site. :)
And, you've got my banner vote. Got all of our mouths watering.
 
wow man just one coin from the 1700s and i would be jumping for joy but 33 i would be running marathons i would be so exited
 
Great photos of some awesome coins !
you got some real goodies :wink:
Nice pile o buttons too...
Congrats on locating that site :thumbsup:
 
hikeinmts said:
have you tried IN THE WATER???? Get in the water.....maybe that was what it was, kind of a wishing well portion of the area.
Has ownership transferred? I saw something about not hunting there anymore. Or, is it the weather?
Anyway, I would beg, borrow, and steal.....no, delete "steal" to get back at that site. :)
And, you've got my banner vote. Got all of our mouths watering.

haven't tried in the water. the banks are steep, and it's the wet season here in upstate ny.
perhaps sometime next summer...
the property is a rental, and we're not to go there when it's rented. hope to get back soon
and often, but the "goldrush" is over unless we find another hot spot on the land.
I'm sure there's more there to be pulled out, but the wait continues.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom