old mining shack from the 1850s.....still has old gear in it ,,,,new pics

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
old mining shack from the 1850's.....still has old gear in it ,,,,new pic's

cool old mining shack.....located on my buddy's private property.......notice the drill bit for hard rock drilling? still looking for a lost stash of gold near by......still no luck.....but a lot of cool old mining stuff, I thought I might share with a few who share the same interests...

HH

db

Attachments

• CC and mining pic 018.jpg
    CC and mining pic 018.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,773
  • CC and mining pic 023.jpg
    CC and mining pic 023.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,466
  • CC and mining pic 028.jpg
    CC and mining pic 028.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,457
  • CC and mining pic 029.jpg
    CC and mining pic 029.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,470
  • CC and mining pic 027.jpg
    CC and mining pic 027.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,468
  • CC and mining pic 026.jpg
    CC and mining pic 026.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,486
  • CC and mining pic 024.jpg
    CC and mining pic 024.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,493
  • CC and mining pic 021.jpg
    CC and mining pic 021.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,482
  • CC and mining pic 019.jpg
    CC and mining pic 019.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,569
  • CC and mining pic 018.jpg
    CC and mining pic 018.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,484
Upvote 0
Re: old mining shack from the 1850's.....still has old gear in it

Nice looking old stuff and keep looking ya never know what might be lying around there. Look closely at the walls for any hidey holes

I'd be detecting those floor boards, ya never know what fell through the cracks. Nice cabin, I like it. :thumbsup:

Well constructive piece of history there. :thumbsup: You can see how those old boys would get cabin fever, with 6' of snow outside.

:hello2: righteous shack!! Simply look out the windows as they liked to stash goodies where easily kept track of and watched over. Worked for many in locating and old post holes too. Me I'd preserve the mining legacy and protect that window into the rough and tumble past-THANX MUCH FOR POSTING PICS---John

Hoser John said:
:hello2: righteous shack!! Simply look out the windows as they liked to stash goodies where easily kept track of and watched over. Worked for many in locating and old post holes too. Me I'd preserve the mining legacy and protect that window into the rough and tumble past-THANX MUCH FOR POSTING PICS---John
I hear you about preservation. I'd be camping out in that thing if it was on my property!

fine flour gold might be in those floor board cracks. :wink: :icon_thumright:or fell thru em.

Where is the shaft the bucket chain came out of? :dontknow:

I'll bet there are no floor boards! Good wood was too hard to get and "work". Should make the floor area easier to work. I would work hard on the route to the privy and the path to where transportation was kept. Good pics! TTC

That cabin is amazing, it should be in a museum, tools and all! Thanks so much for the pics.

OOPS! I looked a little harder at the pics and believe I see floor boards! TTC

yes you do see floor boards......the last owner of the property did some work to "improve" the cabin......it has been re roofed once or twice in the past.....the 60 acre property my buddy picked up was deeded private property way before az was even considered a state.....1912 is when az became a state. My friend is the 4th owner of this property......at one time there was a mining camp located on the property, the food storage bunker is in sad shape.... I will post a picture....... the mining history in the area pre dates 1850........I noticed that all the spike nails used in the cabin were all hand forged and they all have a tooling mark.......the cabin was made from hand carved timbers. I personally do not know the exact age of the shack but the past owners have done a great job of maintaining and preserving it.....the last owner spent a great deal of money putting a sprinkler system in the yard around the cabin and property to prevent forest fires from destroying the site.....so far the sprinklers have been used once during that situation and all worked well......thats why the tree with the rim around it was chopped down "pictures in another post"....if it were to fall it could crush the cabin....

db

Attachments

• CC and mining pic 031.jpg
    CC and mining pic 031.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,723

Hey DanB I would check that oil resevoir in that old oil lamp for some ole flour' gold. It kind of looked conspicuous to me and look into all the nooks and crannys as well metal detect the walls and floor big time. The Plumber

:notworthy: the more info and pics you post :laughing7: the more i'm envious,kudos and coveth as you DEFINATELY have some righteous property!! tons a au 2 u 2-John

Yes, then I was right AND wrong! The floor boards MUST come out.... carefully, to be replaced. Check for loose ones... THE CACHE site!! Since the floor is not original, you should have no qualms about removing them for awhile. (modified) I suspect the doors are also post-era add-ons. The entries were probably first just covered with hides that could be pushed aside to enter.Just my thoughts... TTC

that is one cool shack. reminds me of the 60's when you could find those all over the place. just a hint turn that horse shoe 180 all your luck is falling out turn it around and look around. good luck. highdesertranger

Was it a gold mine shack or were they looking for silver?

GrayCloud said:
Where is the shaft the bucket chain came out of? :dontknow:

I'm with you GC check out the mine and tailings :icon_thumleft:

HEY........You got "TREES OF HEAVEN" there!!!!!!!!!!...They ARE NOT Indigenous to America, the Chinese brought them over at the beginning of the Gold Rush and so on. They are a "Tree of Substance" to the Chinamen. At the first Voyages to the MOUNTAIN OF GOLD, china talk referring the Gold Rush, they piled or had like Bundles of Sticks with no root systems showing, it baffled alot of the Ship's Captains and Crew at first. They are SUPER HARDY TREES, they'll grow almost anywhere and wherever you see them means the Chinese were there. Their all over the American West regardless of the Climates. Their here where I live in Paso Robles cause in the early days the Chinese built the Roads, Worked on the Railroad, were the Bricklayers for the Famed Paso Robles INN and also built much of the Old Town. AH LOUIS was the Head Contractor in all of this County (San Luis Obispo) where his Headquarters still stand owned by his Grandsons, he was the Go To Guy for all of the Chinese Labor on the Central Coast of California and also had lot's of Gold Claims in La Panza (where I prospect) and ran 1,000 or so Chinese Golddiggers. Anyhow, the one's in your pictures are small ones or new ones, somewhere in close proximatey is a Very Old One, maybe it's cut down now or ravaged by a Forest Fire, but it's the one responsible for the new ones. Trees of Heaven is a Root System Tree. Plant one and within about 5 years later, all kinds of them start growing. Well the Chinaman would initially plant the Tree and then BLESS IT for Future Prosperity, they would do this by writing down their Prayers on Parchment, put it in a SACRED VESSEL AND THEN BURN THE PRAYERS THEREFORE SENDING THEM TO GOD AND THEN bury the vessel at the base of the tree. A friend of mine from years back found one of these up in the Coarsegold Area and it turned out to be a Ancient MING DYNASTY VESSEL, he sold it for somewhere around $75,000.00. The chinamen would use every part of the tree for like Tea, Pourage, Medicinal Herb, Gum, Smoking, all kinds of things. ....Darrell

You might also want ot entertain the thought of maybe that old shack was orignally a "JOSS HOUSE" or a "Chinese Temple". Further Research on this could be a big PayDay for you! FRANK FISH Found one of these and retrieved ALOT of TREASURE FROM IT. Just a thought...It pays to do Research...GOOD LUCK.......Darrell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back