What's new

Old photo , does it have a meaning

Inix

Full Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2017
Messages
106
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anybody have any idea why this cabinet photo would have an inverted heart border. There is not an overlay on the photo, but it was developed this way. Thanks y'all!
 

Attachments

  • 20190619_211057.webp
    20190619_211057.webp
    203.5 KB · Views: 296
The upside down heart symbolizes deep love.
 
Upvote 0
I learn something every day on here !!
 
Upvote 0
tn_metal_detector.gif
I searched the net and found many people associate it with love that turned into hatred. Personally, I think the owner found that turning the heart upside down framed the picture much better. Probably just his (or her) preference - no meaning intended.
 
Upvote 0
Death photos were very popular back then and the newly deceased were posed as if still alive.
It could be the child is dead.
 
Upvote 0
I like VPNAVY’s theory
 
Upvote 0
Could also be an effective way of cropping the man at lower left out of the photo. It may also express animosity for him. RUNNOFT?
 
Upvote 0
Sam Spade's baby pic
 
Upvote 0
vpnavy and reanm8er are both right on cropping the "leg" out part. I can't comment on the other theories as I've never heard that about the heart shape...learning things too here!
 
Upvote 0
vpnavy and reanm8er are both right on cropping the "leg" out part. I can't comment on the other theories as I've never heard that about the heart shape...learning things too here!

I think the "leg" would be completely cropped out if the heart wasn't upside-down.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe someone just put the pic back in the frame upside down and didn't bother fixing it since they weren't going to display it.
 
Upvote 0
The OP says that it's not a matte. It was developed that way.
 
Upvote 0
I have to admit, the baby looks mighty still!
 
Upvote 0
You are right doubter. This is not behind a matte, but was developed this way.
 
Upvote 0
As doubter said, the pic is not behind a matte. It was developed this way.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom