What's new

Old RCA TV?

aaron7

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
274
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Not sure if this is where to post this...

Found this old RCA in a basement. Not sure what it is as there don't appear to be any markings.

I've seen a few old TV's before but this thing is HUGE for the tiny screen it has!

Any ideas?

SSPX2650.jpg

SSPX2651.jpg
 
All most looks like an old oscilloscope I used to have :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :icon_scratch:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Looks like 1960s or older. Because I would guess our old one was 70s, and that seems older.
 
Upvote 0
Nah, has to be older than that! I'm guessing early 50's.
 
Upvote 0
aaron7 said:
Nah, has to be older than that! I'm guessing early 50's.

It does kinda resemble my plasma. ;D
 
Upvote 0
If you open it up you may find some numbers that will help ID it. It seems to be late 40's early 50's. Cool old set, does it work?
 
Upvote 0
Ramitt, I think you're very close. The top of this one looks different but the front is dead on!

As for working? No idea. Going to inspect all the wires and connections before I plug it in and burn the house down!
 
Upvote 0
aaron7 said:
Ramitt, I think you're very close. The top of this one looks different but the front is dead on!

As for working? No idea. Going to inspect all the wires and connections before I plug it in and burn the house down!



But even if it works what do you plan on doing with it?

I would have been the guy throwing it out. An old detector, I'd consider saving, but a TV probably not. It's so weird to think how much it has changed because the TVs today are light years ahead from what I watched as a kid, and even a teenager for that matter.
 
Upvote 0
aaron7 said:
Ramitt, I think you're very close. The top of this one looks different but the front is dead on!

As for working? No idea. Going to inspect all the wires and connections before I plug it in and burn the house down!

I agree the top is a bit different, but it should get us close on what model year to narrow it down.
 
Upvote 0
Funny how even the veneer seems to match :D

Good ID Ramitt :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
IronSpike said:
Funny how even the veneer seems to match :D


Doesn't seem.... it does match.

The two sets manufactured same batch/run. I think it's safe to green check this one. Good ID Ramitt :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
The seller in Iron Spike's citing is asking only $175 for that set.
I think that would be a steal.


All a matter of taste and opinion. I wouldn't steal it for free given the chance. ;D I'm not much for old stuff kicking around other than my finds.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom