detector dave
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2007
- Messages
- 287
- Reaction score
- 74
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- between Cadillac and Big Rapids
- Detector(s) used
- whites 6000 & spectrum
I have no Idea if this is custom or a comon practice back then, I have looked every where on the internet but have never found a ring like this one.detector de metales said:Nice Ring..
Ceramic overlay??
Was that common back then?
J2
Angelo said:I'm thinking Enamel Band Ring.
Here's a picture of a modern one.
Tony

detector de metales said:What came first the chicken or the egg?
What i mean by that is was it gold plated and worn off as a layer.. (yes I do see the layering effect on the last photo).
Or is it a layer on top of the gold?? I'm not sure why anyone would place a layer on top of gold... just my opinion..
J2
expensive taste






taz42o said:This link is from sears and roebuck 1900s catalog . Gold filled rings, like pippinwhitepaws said not plated but rolled or drawn over base metal.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/catalog/goldfilledrings.jpg