Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
before it got dark i went back to that gas station site the heavy equipment had finish grading the dirt for the day about a foot and a half down pushing it up in piles at the end of the property the foundation was still there all heavy stone to make a very long storie short because iam still in shock what i found in 7 different holes all around 7 to 8 inches deep ill try maybe tomm. to give better details 1 hole gave up 5 half's another had inches apart 3 silver dollars the rest of the coins was found all near by those finds .i can not believe what i found !! :o tg that bull dozier operator did what he did or i never could of got that deep with my DFX i need to shake his hand tomm.? lol heres some pics i took, before i detected early this morning found a few good things i went to work then back to the same spot again just a 60 minutes before dark iam so tired now but iam still staring at these coins . Total finds today 14 silver 1 IH and a small gold high school 1959 pin 10k . I think just off the top of my head the 1886 O Morgan is a key date coin ? and i just love that 1893 Colombian Half , also a 1850 Seated half dime i almost missed it , it took 3 times to see it in my hand in the dirt lol . these finds all where found hear where the old pumps used to be i think it was a ESSO station before that iam not sure . STILL IN SHOCK !! HH Jim :headbang:

Attachments

• 100_0318.jpg
    100_0318.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,398
  • 100_0319.jpg
    100_0319.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 5,398
  • 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5,532
  • 100_0328.jpg
    100_0328.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5,516
Upvote 3

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins/items

sure look REALLY nice for being "dug" and all in the same spot/area?

HH

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonewolfe said:
Nice coins/items

sure look REALLY nice for being "dug" and all in the same spot/area?

HH
Hi lonewolf not all where in the same spot the halfs where all in the same hole they fell out of the side of it after i saw the edge of just one coin i used my digging tool just above the coin so i wouldnt damage it when i did that all 5 half's feel out i still cant believe it lol the other hole the dollars where about four feet away 2 honey holes ? i think long ago before black top was used at stations around the pumps it was just dirt or gravel then years later it was covered over the dozier dug down about 18 to 20 inches removing all the cover i wish i had my camera today to show a few shots that will teach me not to leave it my bag , the dirt was really hard packed i guess years and years of cars going over it and down that far it was bone dry with all the rain we get here .
Monday iam going back with my camera . HH Jim .

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got my nomination for Banner. That is awesome. Those coins look so good. I am gonna have to pay better attention to those bulldozers from now on. Good stuff. :headbang: :headbang:

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Shake his hand hell you owe the operator a beer or two. What a site you have there, everything is aweson.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Banner work indeed.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go on the great load of silver :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for looking iam going to try and get back there this morning with a camera before the earth movers start pushing more dirt hopefully there's more, thankfully i have a PM hour job , i do take care when digging now i learned a few months ago i hit 2 silver with my tool it ruined the coins , and thanks for resizing my pics i have a program to do that now iam just learning how to use it , about the way i cleaned those coins ?? i hope i did it right i put each coin in warm water with a little Ivory liquid and let soak for awhile then rinsed off i didnt use any kind of brush. HH all Jim

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic coins Jim. A well deserved BANNER day indeed. :thumbsup:
Congrats & looking forward to hopefuly seeing more on your return.
-MM-

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Fantastic coins Jim. A well deserved BANNER day indeed. :thumbsup:
Congrats & looking forward to hopefuly seeing more on your return.
-MM-

Well i just drove the wife to work and OH NO ! some time during the night someone put one of those 6 foot chain link temp fences up all around the property with a SIGN !that reads no trespassing !! all along the fence >:( one guy was there in a truck he said because of insurance regulations they have to do that he also said today they are pulling up the 2 underground gas tanks i can understand that i had my shot and happy about it, i properly will never get a find like that again , i was ready this time DFX camera and knee pads lol hey this 60 year old knees just aint what they used to be . OMG !! i see i made a Banner ? uumm just what is the Banner Ive only been in this GREAT SITE a few months not very knowledgeable about these things ? but thank you all ! :thumbsup: Jim and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread