Old Token and Some Coins

Tylertut

Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very new to metal detecting and just did my first beach yesterday. It was a small swimming pond that had been dug to build an interstate. I didn't think it was too old but found a dateless buffalo nickel and a 5 peso mexican coin from 1980 which was weird because I live in a northeastern state.

I decided to stop at an extremely old fair grounds on the way home and found this game token which is my best find yet. I date it to before 1940 but I have no clue, so if anyone has an idea on how old it is that'd be great. The grounds are huge and I barely got anywhere in 3 hours due to so many old pull tabs but this was worth it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
Sure ; contact the historical society in Alliance and ask them.
Alliance Historical Society / P.O. Box 2044 / Alliance, OH 44601
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Email: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][email protected]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Congrats on the hunting finds, sounds like the fairgrounds will produce well just have to get through the junk.

Sure ; contact the historical society in Alliance and ask them.
Alliance Historical Society / P.O. Box 2044 / Alliance, OH 44601
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Email: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][email protected]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Wow, didn't think of that one. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back