Old Wagon Trail short hike

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday for a hike to another old wagon trail. Legs needed a workout. No great finds, just the usual stuff. Ox shoe and a pin fired shell case worth mentioning. Can anyone date the pin fired shell case? My research says the H represents Winchester.

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 18
Congrats on the relics! :occasion14:

Cool find keep on that wagon trail you might find where some drunkin Cowboy fell of his horse and dropped stuff, Seriously. Well done

Nice one, like Tommy said there may be something real special out there. congrats

I concur...nice finds. Congrats!

Congrats on the finds and on getting out. It will be another month at least before I can!

Yeah that’s a Henry casing. You couldn’t ask for a better place to live for this hobby. Have you hit those old foundations by Cerro circle?

Found this pic. Henry Bullet, .44 rim fire. Hole is a mystery. The one I found appears to be a larger cal. Any ideas of dates?
Thanks

Wow, that rim fire case is really intriguing! Can you give us an inside diameter with your calipers to get a better feel for the bullet caliber? Maybe a .52 Spencer?

Best I'd could tell, looks like .52 is possible.

Looks like the .52 casing was fired in a .52 spencer rifle since one indentation is present...then it was drilled probably by a native american for a necklace ornament...I have found Henry .44 cases that the indians drilled for beads....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back