What's new

Oldie on The Beach!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My favorite finds are still rings. I love the Gold, the Silver and the occasional Platinum (of course the diamonds and jewels are welcome)...don't like the junk rings much but if they have something of interest (rarely) I do put them in the ring case. I've lost track and probably have my 5th ring case full..for about 180 rings ... pretty amazing to realize that..within a little over 4 years.

Saturday's goodies had it all..Silver coin, Silver ring and Silver jewelery.... but the highlight for me was non of those. It was my first "V" nickle. Still haven't broken into the 1800's though...it's a 1901! 110 years old! YEAH! :hello2:

The little Silver dolphin ring came out clean out of the dry the rest were wet sand finds. The old bent ring was NOT Silver...wishful thinking on my part. It appears to be pot metal or maybe lead with silver plate?

The others are a Rosie, two Silver earrings and a small Silver religious medallion..the little guy had me going as it kept falling through the scoop..but I got him.

HH Joe

Just goes to show...sometimes the grass is Greener!
 

Attachments

  • finds 10 Sep sm.webp
    finds 10 Sep sm.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 409
  • dolphin ring sm.webp
    dolphin ring sm.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 406
  • V nick sm.webp
    V nick sm.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
WoW!!! Congratulations!! I'm happy dancing with you here in New York - Fantastic!! :notworthy:
 
Great find....hope to find some old coins this winter!!! Congrats!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom