Omega 8000 VS. M6

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
both are coin magnets.. you will maybe have to go by build quality...even though omega is 7.8 khz and m6 is about 15khz both are very good at finding coins and jewlery. m6 will have a better build quality,be slightly heavier but not enough to notice..i have had some build quality issues from teknetics,but they were good at shipping me replacement parts. never had any build issues with whites.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
basstrackerman said:
both are coin magnets.. you will maybe have to go by build quality...even though omega is 7.8 khz and m6 is about 15khz both are very good at finding coins and jewlery. m6 will have a better build quality,be slightly heavier but not enough to notice..i have had some build quality issues from teknetics,but they were good at shipping me replacement parts. never had any build issues with whites.

The difference in weight and ergonomics in the two is night and day. The Omega has a great screen and and readout. Swings great. Check out all the different packages I have on my site for the Omega.

Call with any questions or for a better deal. Love to help you! Bart.

http://bigboyshobbies.net/shop/category/teknetics-metal-detectors/

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as i said both machines are fine...i have used both...dont own either one now. whites are built like tanks...very well balanced,small screen...teknetics...is lighter,bigger screen, emi issues, but do still get good depth with sens set really low...lots of info on the screen...wish 3 of the 4 teknetics machines i owned didnt have build issues. on the omega the upper shaft was drilled wrong so the display was at 1 oclock when lookin down the shaft..coil was at 11 oclock..teknetics sent me all the parts needed with directions to swap out..now if my delta 4000,my t2se also didnt have issues i would have kept them.. g2 i had im thinking was only one with no build issues.i loved the way they worked.. i hated wondering if they would have more issues. sorry but thats my experience.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I have owned both and can honestly say that the Omega 8000 is far superior to the M6. The Omega runs quiet and smooth and hits coins very deep. The M6 is the worst detector I have ever owned. you turn the discrimination up but it still beeps and gives vdi numbers for foil/pull tabs...not to mention it interfered with my garrett propointer every time I turned the propointer on, it and the m6 went crazy. Never found anything deeper than 4 inches with the M6 either. Possibly it was defective but I would never buy another one.

OP
OP
shack24

shack24

May 26, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gta 500; Garrett Ace 350; Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I traded the M6 I had for an Omega last week and got it today. I'm going to take it out to a couple of places I have pounded pretty good and see what happens.
Basstracker: I agree, Whites are solid tanks and I really like them for that. The whole display and controls on the Omega I got seems a little loose, almost flexible when I push on the corners or edges. Is this normal?
Coinstriking: I had the same issues with my Matrix. I loved the VDI on mine and really got to where I could tell what I was going to pull out of the ground, but I never got the depth I thought I should be getting. 5-6 inches was the max and then it was a very bad signal, bad enough that I would probably pass those up every time if I were digging someones yard that I didn't want to make it look like Utah beach.

Anyone who has used an Omega have any advice?

Thanks

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the teknetics are flimsy. as i said before i owned 4 of them and 3 had build issues. as good as they were at finding things i just couldnt live with how flimsy they were.. in the back of my mind i kept waiting for another problem to arise. im not saying whites is best or deepest, just alot better build quality and very good depth..nothing flimsy about them. if you look at the reviews on teknetics they are just average and most complaints are build issues. but they are very easy to swing and also get great depth. i did have alot of emi issues at most places i went. put it this way, if i thought they were worth keeping i would have kept them. the t2se and g2 were my favorites..ran alot smoother and they just fit my style of hunting better.

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Anyone who has used an Omega have any advice?"
No advice from me but if you haven't seen DirtFishing's videos on you tube using the Omega, you might pick up some pointers. Dan

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned both machines. I too had quality issues with the Omega, which was a deeper machine. For me, peace of mind trumped depth. I constantly worried about when the next failure was going to happen and kept the M6.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread