What's new

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Now with pictures and story!

lakillian

Full Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
I found a... guess?????



1861 Half Dime!!!!!!!!!

I went to Metaldetecting.com I believe and put in the program that was there. I took the detector down to my first elementary school and started swinging. I found a wheatie first and then I found a penny. I got a signal and said not sure if I should dig it because it was kinda faint but then I remembered, that I should dig the faint ones. So I did. Then I used my X-1 and it rang out but only a little so I dug some more. Then I got a LOUD ring and I used my VibraProbe 560 and it started vibrating. So I knew I found whatever it was. Then I lost it :(. I used the X-1 and found it again. The vibraprobe and found it and then lost it again. Back and forth for a while like that lol. Finally I found the clump of dirt that was attached to it and I said gosh that is so small has to be trash. Then I looked closely and I said Oh My God!! Thank you!!!! I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! :)
 

Attachments

  • Dsc00645.webp
    Dsc00645.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Dsc00646.webp
    Dsc00646.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,101
Upvote 0
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Cool!! Get those pictures up!!!
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

I guess that makes 4 half dimes found on this site in 3 weeks! :wink: ;D AWESOME find for you! Can't wait to see the pic. Congrats............Hogge :headbang:
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Alright lori nuff complaining that you don't find anything Ha Ha.
I have been hunting 11 hard years never even came close to a half dime. I'm sure I"m not alone either.
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

WTG :hello2: A half dime is still on my wish list.

What's taking so long with pic. Make sure to take one while still daylight :icon_thumright:
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Ok, I got the picture but I don't know how to transfer it to this computer :( WAAAHHHH!!!! This is my dad's computer not mine.
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

lakillian said:
Ok, I got the picture but I don't know how to transfer it to this computer :( WAAAHHHH!!!! This is my dad's computer not mine.

This is Independence Day not April the 1st :D :D :D
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Don't do us like that!!!!!!!! I need pics....A half dime posted from a computer worth a half penny :laughing7: Nice job.. and congrats....jgas
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

:icon_thumright: Really nice condition. :hello2:
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Sweet, i know that felt good.
 
Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Now with pictures!

Very Very Nice !! . Now..how about some details please on how you found and where. Details ! Please ! Very nice find :thumbsup: Thanks for the details. You could have left out the mention about putting in your bra..LMAO... :laughing7: Your a natural born detectorist !!!! Thanks for sharing!
 
you go girl!! :thumbsup:
 
Thank you!!!! I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! Smiley
I've seen Plehbah do that before, but not with a sweet Half Dime.
The addiction will only get worse, you realize.
Carl
 
That IS a sweet find.. Congrats. It pays to dig faint ones. :)

Lucky
 
great goin Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so small arent they? I have found 2 of them in my hunting time.. first time I was shocked at how little... mine was an 1843... then I hit an 186? very worn one... great details..So was this school one of the ones we went by on our lil adventure?
 
ok I'm gonna give you the happy dance even if you are gonna tease us with a pic of the bra treasure lol
 

Attachments

  • image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 1,806
  • image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 1,754
minton7 said:
great goin Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so small arent they? I have found 2 of them in my hunting time.. first time I was shocked at how little... mine was an 1843... then I hit an 186? very worn one... great details..So was this school one of the ones we went by on our lil adventure?

No, this one was in VA where I grew up. Only silver I have found in WV was a 1943 Merc. Hoping to find more now though!!!
 
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bra .... :dontknow: Treasure Pouch ... :dontknow:

Treasure Pouch ... :dontknow: Bra ... :dontknow:

I had the same thought, put pouch on your next Xmas list, must be painful carrying around all those iron nails :laughing7:

Its a very nice looking one, & now you have a target to beat.
 
LOL!!! Congrats on the seated and HH, Mike
 
Wow.
Your yard find last week perked my attention.
This just melted my rational thought
and i spiraled into
a funky dream land, just to imagine it.
wow wow wow.

You deserve !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom