What's new

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Now with pictures and story!

lakillian

Full Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
I found a... guess?????



1861 Half Dime!!!!!!!!!

I went to Metaldetecting.com I believe and put in the program that was there. I took the detector down to my first elementary school and started swinging. I found a wheatie first and then I found a penny. I got a signal and said not sure if I should dig it because it was kinda faint but then I remembered, that I should dig the faint ones. So I did. Then I used my X-1 and it rang out but only a little so I dug some more. Then I got a LOUD ring and I used my VibraProbe 560 and it started vibrating. So I knew I found whatever it was. Then I lost it :(. I used the X-1 and found it again. The vibraprobe and found it and then lost it again. Back and forth for a while like that lol. Finally I found the clump of dirt that was attached to it and I said gosh that is so small has to be trash. Then I looked closely and I said Oh My God!! Thank you!!!! I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! :)
 

Attachments

  • Dsc00645.webp
    Dsc00645.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Dsc00646.webp
    Dsc00646.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,101
Upvote 0
As I stated in an earlier post, " before the year is out you will find something we will all be drooling over "....and BAM...in less than a week ,,,here it is. I have never found a half dime ....EVER! You are out of control little missy. Now put that detector away before you hurt someone.

Congrats on an excellent coin and HH.
 
Nice find. Keep up the goood hunting. HH.....
 
And its about as pretty as you can find also very nice
 
THank you all so very much!!!! It was really exciting to find it. I do have a pouch but I didn't want it getting messed up so I put it in my bra. I wanted it to be extra safe from scratches. I don't know anything about grades and whatnot for coins but I think it looks real nice. :) I am back in WVa now and I am dying to get back out there and detect some more.

I used the program that is on metaldetectingworld.com and I love it!!!!!!!

And Nick...... I expected that from you LOL!!!

And gxray.... NO WAY I am going to be detecting all the time now!!!!

Hugs to you all and thanks for sharing an interest in my half dime... or as my cousin called it my "nickel"

Lori
 
Way to go Lori! I'm happy for you, finally getting the old silver. We got to get togrther
 
Yaaay Lori!! I'm very jealous. A half dime and a seated dime are on my list to find. Glad you got one!!!

Ray
 
Wow,

At least it's safe. ;D
 
Very nice.. must have been an older house,or school there possibly ! I guess
could have be a random drop ,but who cares you got it!
 
Thats a sweet little half dime Lori, you are really on a roll these days,that merc in your yard now this..you could have a banner find just around the corner at this rate :icon_thumleft:
Jerry
 
Ohhhh WOW!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_queen:

Two things I long for - a readable large cent and a half-dime - you're halfway there already! :wink:
 
Im going to have to remember to never touch those just in case. :laughing7:

I hope you didnt get dirt crum rash. :laughing9:


Nice find, lucky!
 
OK. Now, the obvious question, for all us non-bra-wearers......where do we put those finds that we don't want to get scratched? :help:(reading up on this one... :read2:)
Great find, aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd don't I remember someone who said something in the not-too-distant-past
about GIVING UP???????? WHAT??????
Now, go out and find the other half of the dime. :laughing7:
 
lakillian said:
I put it in my bra and carried it home!!!!!!! :)

Great!!! Now I gotta go buy a bra and wear it?! Man, this hobby is getting expensive. Luckily Mastereagle22 won't have to go shopping. :wink: :-X :D ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom