Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bulldozers have turned my favorite empty lot upside down, soon a house will be built where I've found about 15 silvers the past year....
This might be the last time I can swing here, went out with a bang!
IMG_1058.JPG

A smooth 1934 Washington, and a sweet little car....:headbang:

Thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 17

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice saves, :icon_thumright:. 15 Silvers awesome!

TommNJ

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about loosing your spot Dave. I lost a church site a couple years ago - it was a colonial church site rebuilt in 1834. Now it's a big fat f-ing condo. Tasteless design, no style, and covers every square inch of the property. The worst part was they chopped down a 200+ year old black walnut tree. My apologies, just venting.

Nice score!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver Washington, at least you got your share before the bull dozer did it's thing. :icon_thumleft:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the most of your sight and scoring another silver and way cool old rat rod Tootsie Toy. May another spot open up for you soon my friend.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about loosing your spot Dave. I lost a church site a couple years ago - it was a colonial church site rebuilt in 1834. Now it's a big fat f-ing condo. Tasteless design, no style, and covers every square inch of the property. The worst part was they chopped down a 200+ year old black walnut tree. My apologies, just venting.

Nice score!

I really hate that. Im surprised there was no preservation effort on the church? Money got in the way. Dammit OH And Awesome finds great car. 15 silvers? Geez

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really hate that. Im surprised there was no preservation effort on the church? Money got in the way. Dammit OH And Awesome finds great car. 15 silvers? Geez

Word on the street was the property used to be where Thomas Edison's gardener lived...all the coins were 30s to 50s, only maybe 5 wheats. The back of the property was all overgrown with woods...they cleared that out too, all the way to Manuels Branch, which is a drainage creek. Both neighbors on either side have denied me permission.:BangHead:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Money wins every time by me. The land is so valuable that any preservation effort for these types of property are stopped in their tracks. Sad really.

Nice digs again Dave

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds Dave. At least you were able to claim a nice amount of silvers from that lot before they make room for another home.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coincidentally, the toy car looks a lot like a 34 Ford Coupe, that goes well with the 34 Washington.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would have been super happy with just the car but throw in the silver and you got a great hunt

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money wins every time by me. The land is so valuable that any preservation effort for these types of property are stopped in their tracks. Sad really.

Nice digs again Dave
We need a dislike button for situations like these

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to see the spot disappear, but at least you were able to pull lots of goods out before it's gone. As every British detectorist on YouTube says after every dig, "on to the next!".

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Dave -- that car is awesome -- so OLD! Probably the oldest we've seen yet. Congrats on your finds. ~Lisa & John

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves Dave! Great old silver and your little car is actually from the mid 1950's, and was made by Barclay. They came alone on bubble cards or in a set with a car carrier truck. Happy hunting, Sub 8-)

barclay cars.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread