One last pic of the best of my recent finds .... I promise this will be the last one!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
My tradition the last 3 years has been to take all my finds from the previous season and lay out all the boxes on the floor for a photo session and short video. Then I take a few group pics of coins, buttons, buckles, etc, and those were just posted recently. The final step is to take all the best finds and put them in a nice 18"x12" wooden display case, at least those items that'll fit in the case. Below is a pic of that display including a close-up. You can click on them to enlarge to see greater detail. This will wrap it up for me until the fall, and I promise not to bore you with any more posts or pics until that time. See ya then:hello:.

Attachments

• 2013-14 wooden display3a.JPG
    2013-14 wooden display3a.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 2013-14 wooden display2a.JPG
    2013-14 wooden display2a.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 14

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're not boring me,I love looking at all your treasures and you have them displayed so nicely.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking displays Bill. Hopefully we will see some posts from you before fall. Head a few hours north and you will find fields that are not planted yet :laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an awesome display Bill. Yeah, I saw it the other day, but I'm old, so I already forgot it, now it is new to me again!

13 cut silvers and a bunch of 1600s coppers, buckles and buttons.... how could anyone get tired of looking at that.

Thanks for sharing. GL&HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not boring at all. Interesting!
Now my finds would be boring.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yawn :)

Beautiful display Bill. Where do you buy your cases?

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yawn :)

Beautiful display Bill. Where do you buy your cases?

I guess you're bored with this stuff too Joey ..... haha! I get these cases at:

Civil War Display Cases - Custom Displays

They're very reasonable and come in all shapes, sizes, different woods and stains, a variety of felt colors, etc. You just custom make your own. You can also buy stands for them if you want to display in an upright position (as I have my hammered coins that you saw). Check it out.

DmusiK1975

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks for posting that link I've looking for somewhere to get display cases. I've been getting mine from Hobby lobby and they only carry a couple sizes.
Great finds and displays!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No apology nessasary Bill ! Though I don't always comment I always love seeing great pics of the colonial artifacts of this great nation that you so lovingly dig and display ! Kudos to you. MaineRelic

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Its a nice tradition and fine way to display your quality finds. Still never get tired of your collection. it was another good year Bill.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fascinating & inspiring finds & displays! :occasion16::wav::occasion16:

I enjoy reading all your posts as you include the adventures in crummy weather & dud finds, along with the good days! Andi

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nice, I hope I can find some of that colonial silver too Bill, I just had a brainstorm how I might tweek my machine to find some.
Very cool displays and finds, I dream of that stuff, thanks for sharing them with us.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats insane! You guys really are incredible hunters. We got into a small site today right as we had to leave. I mean we got like 15 minutes on the site and dated the site to before 1750. It may be much older based on the half a buckle I found. Book shows 1620-1680 for type. You have several of the same in your display pics there. Wish us luck!

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking displays Bill. Hopefully we will see some posts from you before fall. Head a few hours north and you will find fields that are not planted yet :laughing7:
Yep, we have all kinds of fields we can still hunt. Very, very unusual for us to be hunting this late in the season. I'd love to squeeze out one more colonial silver. A piece would be nice, a cob...just as well. lol

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats insane! You guys really are incredible hunters. We got into a small site today right as we had to leave. I mean we got like 15 minutes on the site and dated the site to before 1750. It may be much older based on the half a buckle I found. Book shows 1620-1680 for type. You have several of the same in your display pics there. Wish us luck!

I'm envious you guys can still get into the fields this late in the season. That's great that you can get in little bonus hunting. I'll definitely be pulling for you guys. Maybe a hammered silver will pop out for you. Good luck!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great displays Bill. Keep posting them. Only those of us who actually get out & hunt can fully appreciate the long hours in bad weather & muddy conditions necessary to find that many really nice historical relics from the Commonwealth. WTG, Q.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice indeed! Never gets old looking at those finds. I have become very fond of the colonial era relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread