What's new

One piece Eagle I button. Solved

Deno

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddie Weaver found this the other day. This is the only one piece I have ever seen anywhere.
Is there a chance it might be rare? The back reads SUPERE IMPERIAL STAND with a little D over
a dot at the end of STAND. Thanks for looking and any help.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2272 (845 x 634).webp
    DSCN2272 (845 x 634).webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN2264 (845 x 634).webp
    DSCN2264 (845 x 634).webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 506
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

It looks like a two piece. Is the entire button seamlessly connected? Hard to tell from the pic.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

I think its cast, I can see the seam. Heres another one piece button with the backmark "IMPERIAL STAND."

Do you have a Macro lens on your camera? (flower icon)
 

Attachments

  • button imperial stand.webp
    button imperial stand.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

From the pic it looks like a convex one piece. The Stand with the small d stands for Standard. Standard is sometimes abbrevated on the Imperial Standard backmarks. If the button is one piece it dates 1815 to 1830 or so.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

I am new to the button ID thing but I am going to guess cast 1 piece infantry from the 1850s. Of course vayank knows a lot more than me so I agree with what he says! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

vayank54 said:
From the pic it looks like a convex one piece. The Stand with the small d stands for Standard. Standard is sometimes abbrevated on the Imperial Standard backmarks. If the button is one piece it dates 1815 to 1830 or so.
Hey vayank. What is SUPERE?
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Not sure BCH. I don't think I've ever seen that. It's possible it could actually be superb or supreme but I don't know. Sorry to let you down.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

vayank54 said:
Not sure BCH. I don't think I've ever seen that. It's possible it could actually be superb or supreme but I don't know. Sorry to let you down.
I was thinking SUPER or SUPERIOR. SUPERB may fit better. :icon_thumright: A better pic could help. thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Darn BCH I must be getting more senile than I thought I forgot the obvious one. Superior. I think I had a one piece Mass that had superb imperial standard on it. If I remember right Superb was in fancy script letters.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

kyphote said:
It looks like a two piece. Is the entire button seamlessly connected? Hard to tell from the pic.

It does have a seam in it. This is the only site i have real problems with the pictures.
Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Close all.
Supere means great in French and in Spanish exceed or above.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

bigcypresshunter said:
I think its cast, I can see the seam. Heres another one piece button with the backmark "IMPERIAL STAND."

Do you have a Macro lens on your camera? (flower icon)

Thanks for your help, it does have a seam in the back. The problem with the pictures is not
with the camera, it's my computer skills. I have a Nikon and had it on macro, the pictures
are razor sharp until i reduce them. If i keep them sharp they show up to big.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

vayank54 said:
From the pic it looks like a convex one piece. The Stand with the small d stands for Standard. Standard is sometimes abbrevated on the Imperial Standard backmarks. If the button is one piece it dates 1815 to 1830 or so.

It doesn't show up well but it is convex. Thanks for looking and for the info.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

fyrffytr1 said:
I am new to the button ID thing but I am going to guess cast 1 piece infantry from the 1850s. Of course vayank knows a lot more than me so I agree with what he says! ;D

Thanks for looking and your guess.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

ShootTheMoon said:
Close all.
Supere means great in French and in Spanish exceed or above.

It is Supere for sure. Thanks for the insight, i thought my eyes were fooling me.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Here are some better and bigger pictures of the back. I don't get it, when i reduce them
the quality goes way down. Sorry about the big pictures but at least they are sharp.
Thanks again for everybodys comments. Good Luck.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2268 (2560 x 1920).webp
    DSCN2268 (2560 x 1920).webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSCN2269 (2560 x 1920).webp
    DSCN2269 (2560 x 1920).webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN2270 (2560 x 1920).webp
    DSCN2270 (2560 x 1920).webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Deno said:
Here are some better and bigger pictures of the back. I don't get it, when i reduce them
the quality goes way down. Sorry about the big pictures but at least they are sharp.
Thanks again for everybodys comments. Good Luck.
There is still something wrong with the pics. It appears they are not taken on high enough resolution (not enough pixels) or they have been enlarged. I can almost count the dots (pixels)
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

It appears vayank was right. It says SUPERB IMPERIAL STANDD
Cool button.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

yep it does look like superb in the pics.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

bigcypresshunter said:
Deno said:
Here are some better and bigger pictures of the back. I don't get it, when i reduce them
the quality goes way down. Sorry about the big pictures but at least they are sharp.
Thanks again for everybodys comments. Good Luck.
There is still something wrong with the pics. It appears they are not taken on high enough resolution (not enough pixels) or they have been enlarged. I can almost count the dots (pixels)

I agree here, and I promise I'm just trying to help. If you notice at the bottom of your pic it says 2560x1920 for the size, but it is only says 103.9kb (kilobytes). A pic that size in high resolution should be over 1mb (megabytes)(1mb=1000kb). Your camera should have a setting for picture quality (usually fine, superfine, etc. or something of the like). That will be the picture resolution (fineness of pixels). You want to use for detailed photos and macros the finest setting your camera has. There should also be a setting for size (the preferrable size in high resolution is around 800x600 or so, some cameras have a size setting called "web"). That would be what you would want to use and should give you a high resolution pic at around 250kb or so, which is under the maximum allowed by Tnet.
High resolution + smaller size, = :thumbsup: . I hope this helps.

Nice button BTW, and I agree it says SUPERB and not supere.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom