What's new

One piece Eagle I button. Solved

Deno

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddie Weaver found this the other day. This is the only one piece I have ever seen anywhere.
Is there a chance it might be rare? The back reads SUPERE IMPERIAL STAND with a little D over
a dot at the end of STAND. Thanks for looking and any help.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2272 (845 x 634).webp
    DSCN2272 (845 x 634).webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN2264 (845 x 634).webp
    DSCN2264 (845 x 634).webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 506
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Great explanation. I just want to add, in my limited photography knowlege, that digital photography is made up of dots. The more dots, the better. When you can actually see the dots, you will have a very poor picture.

You are either on the wrong camera setting or it may also be possible to be on a poor editing setting.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Moving along....
IMO the button resembles a general infantry button perhaps.
I have found 1 website with buttons that resemble the front of yours.
However, the seller(s) doesn't mention the back markings. Or it's hard to read many.
Under Federal Infantry:
http://www.saylerscreekrelics.com/fedbuttn.htm
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

ShootTheMoon said:
Moving along....
IMO the button resembles a general infantry button perhaps.
I have found 1 website with buttons that resemble the front of yours.
However, the seller(s) doesn't mention the back markings. Or it's hard to read many.
Under Federal Infantry:
http://www.saylerscreekrelics.com/fedbuttn.htm
The back is different (clic on pic) but its a matching one-piece Federal Infantry. :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • federal infantry.webp
    federal infantry.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Iron Spike, I did see those in my search....or rather I saw many Superb Imperial Stand buttons, but couldn't find a direct reference to any with the eagle and I shield on the front.
Perhaps no one has found one to reference to? :wink:

There is a possibility someone may have "doctored" the button.
That may be far fetched though!

Here is an Eagle shield button (3 pics down)
http://relicman.com/buttons/zArchiveButtonFedStatesNewYork.htm

Might I add there were a lot of replicas in the name of civilian fashion back then too.
This one isn't a Superb Imperial Stand button:
http://www.victorianelegance.com/fans.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

ShootTheMoon, I didn't see many quality marks like that in my search and couldn't find one for the Infantry eagle. Your mark is closer being the Stand (d.) :icon_thumright:

Don't see this button variation listed under Albert's GI79.

Nice early button Deno :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

ShootTheMoon said:
Iron Spike, I did see those in my search....or rather I saw many Superb Imperial Stand buttons, but couldn't find a direct reference to any with the eagle and I shield on the front.
Perhaps no one has found one to reference to? :wink:

There is a possibility someone may have "doctored" the button.
That may be far fetched though!
Not doctored. I believe SUPERB IMPERIAL STANDARD or STANDD is a generic backmark and is not a manufacturers mark per se. I think its like , SUPERIOR QUALITY, BEST TREBLE ORANGE, DOUBLE GILT, TRIPLE PLATED, EXTRA RICH, SUPERFINE... etc.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Yes Montana Jim could help. Its without a doubt a standard U.S. Federal Infantry button with what I feel is a generic backmark.
http://www.jewish-history.com/clipartgallery/buttons.html

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cayenna/index.html

There are often difference in the eagles from different manufacturers and Im not sure if its Civil War or pre-civil war. Im sure there are others that know more than I, but did not say because they probably thought it was common knowlege.

Is this one-piece Federal Infantry button rare with this backmark? :dontknow: I dont know.
 

Attachments

  • buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 284
  • button backmark imperial standard.webp
    button backmark imperial standard.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 279
  • buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

bigcypresshunter said:
It appears vayank was right. It says SUPERB IMPERIAL STANDD
Cool button.

Yes he is. I think i need glasses.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

72cheyenne said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Deno said:
Here are some better and bigger pictures of the back. I don't get it, when i reduce them
the quality goes way down. Sorry about the big pictures but at least they are sharp.
Thanks again for everybodys comments. Good Luck.
There is still something wrong with the pics. It appears they are not taken on high enough resolution (not enough pixels) or they have been enlarged. I can almost count the dots (pixels)

I agree here, and I promise I'm just trying to help. If you notice at the bottom of your pic it says 2560x1920 for the size, but it is only says 103.9kb (kilobytes). A pic that size in high resolution should be over 1mb (megabytes)(1mb=1000kb). Your camera should have a setting for picture quality (usually fine, superfine, etc. or something of the like). That will be the picture resolution (fineness of pixels). You want to use for detailed photos and macros the finest setting your camera has. There should also be a setting for size (the preferrable size in high resolution is around 800x600 or so, some cameras have a size setting called "web"). That would be what you would want to use and should give you a high resolution pic at around 250kb or so, which is under the maximum allowed by Tnet.
High resolution + smaller size, = :thumbsup: . I hope this helps.

Nice button BTW, and I agree it says SUPERB and not supere.

72Cheyenne, the light bulb just turned on, I think you may have solved my problem. Thanks for your help.
 
Upvote 0
Re: One piece Eagle I button.

Thank all of you guys for all of your help.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom