Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice thread thanks for the info guys.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Trinity and bug ...THE STRINGERS ARE MADE OF MANGANESE.... I thought I knew just about everything, but have never heard of this type
deposit before. I guess that's why i'm addicted to these forums. Again, thanks for adding new knowledge to my library:headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what the book says to do ....but if it were only that easy! :wink:

Goodguy.....reading my old reply....I didnt mean for it to come across that way!Good example bud

one blanket

Nov 14, 2006
a side item regarding manganese I was once told by a major scrap dealer he had to bury all the tracks & pads of big cranes 'cause there was o market for manganese scrap. that was in the late '70's
Just maybe 5 years ago they could now process that type scrap and at $0.05 a lb were shipping it from Miami, Fl to Texas.
I have no idea if there is any market for ore.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another way to find the motherlode.......

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TO ASTROBOUNCER, I DID ALOT OF PROSPECTING AND MINING IN NORTH CAROILNA IN RUTHERFORDTON. MOST OF MY BETTER FINDS WERE IN GOLDEN VALLEY, AND ALONG CANE CREEK AT HWY 64. I REMEMBER SOME REALLY GOOD DAYS SNIPING AND DREDGING ON THE 1ST AND SECOND BROAD RIVERS. MY MINING IN THAT PART OF THE COUNTRY WAS BACK IN THE SEVENTIES. THE SOUTH MTNS HOLD ALOT OF SECRETS, AS DO THE MUDDY CREEKS AREA. I HAVE FOUND MANY NICE NUGGETS IN THOSE AREAS. THE VEIN MOUNTAIN AREA WAS REALLY GOOD TO ME AS I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PERSONS USING A DETECTOR IN THAT AREA. DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU THOSE AREAS HOLD NO OPPORTUNITY, AS THEY VERY WELL DO. THE NICE THING ABOUT THAT AREA IS IT WAS NOT JUST THE GOLD BUT THE MANY VARIOUS GEMSTONES THAT I RECOVERED IN THOSE SAME GRAVELS THAT HOLD GOLD. LOTS OF STAR SAPPHIRES AND GARNET ALONG SOME VERY PRETTY BERYL, PERIDOTE. MOSTLYPRIVATE PROPERTY BUT GOOD PEOPLE BACK THEN. I WOULD THINK IF YOU DID SOME DOOR KNOCKIN YOU COULD STILL GET INTO SOME NICE AREAS.
Trinityau, I own some land along South Muddy Creek finding some gold & gemstones, any tips for me from your experiences in the past ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You every do any prospecting in GA?

In Georgia I usually go to the Dahlonega area to prospect the placer gravels in the creeks (yahoola) and rivers (etowah) but haven't done any hardrock mining there as most land is private property or in the Chattahoochee National Forest.

GG~

Tree!

Jan 16, 2013
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
trinityau said:
MOST GOLD WHEN IT IS SHEDDING WILL TEND TO STAY TO THE SURFACE AND NOT GO DEEP WHICH IS WHAT MANY NEWER PROSPECTORS DONT UNDERSTAND./QUOTE]

Do you have any teachings about shedding gold??? This sounds like it would be interesting and valuable information since all I can find on google about shedding gold is about golden retrievers ha ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread