What's new

Only an idiot..

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
Only an idiot or someone who has the "fever" would go out hunting on a day like this! Whatever... take your pick..... I R 1! I figured since I planned on getting wet anyway..... why not? It just barely sprinkled on my way to my spot. When I got there it had already quit. So far... so good. I got in the water and no hits for the first half hour. Not one! Then BAM I got a quarter. Nice start. My next hit was a dime. I'm liking this. Oh Oh... it started to rain again. Not hard but a steady drizzle. Then I got a visitor. Well, not one but two visitors. A momma manatee and her calf stopped by to say hello. They had pressing business elsewhere and didn't stay long. I sure wish I had a good camera that could get wet. Anyone know of a decent one that isn't too expensive? Anyway it started to rain harder.... harder.... and finally it was down right pouring down! I was getting WET! I got another hit... a nickel this time. It was starting to get a little chilly out there and I decided I had had enough for one morning so I started making my way back to shore. I got another hit. This time it was a ring. Well, don't get too excited. It was just another cheap mood ring. I have several of these now but what the hay.... it was a ring!

Ring082410.jpg

So I got rained on and I didn't find my fortune today but - I got to visit with mom and her baby so it was a good day! I hope yours is as good or better. Happy hunting to all. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
sounds like tim and i will probably get rained on today as well

nice spin mums.

u had a great day all around...........heading down in about 40 mins.

good luck on wed.
 
Been there before. We waited for a rainy day to go to the beach to chase away all the kids. Most of the lightning went around us but it did set off the detectors once in awhile. One of the most peaceful days I've had detecting. We detected for about 5hrs, the sun finally came out and we were out of the water before the kids showed up. It turned out to be a "Golden" day.
 
mumszie said:
Anyone know of a decent one that isn't too expensive?
They make little disposable/waterproof cameras Mums.... Should be able to pick one up at Wally World for less than $10 I would think.. I used one once in Hawaii..
 
from one idiot to another, as long as it isn't lightning, go for it! :icon_thumleft:
 
Mumzie,
I would love to see a photo of the manatee's and cool beans on the mood ring..I found one the other day only mine says sexy all over it..I had to laugh on that one..and I too am one that goes out in the rain ( long as no lightning)
 
Pentax makes an excellent waterproof camera for under $300. We have the 1st and 2nd generation of these cameras and they are still just as good as new.........going on 5 years now. It is not for deep scuba diving, but I don't think you are interested in that! Produces excellent quality photos.
 
I bet those are the same manatees every morning Mumzie, coming to say hello to you, :hello: it would be great to see them.
Well done on your finds.

U,
 
I like it when it rains as it keeps the crowd down. What you said about the "love" and the skull is exactly the same thing I thought. Lots of luck.
 
Rings and rain and manatees. Oh My!

It appears some people work for their hobbies.
 
mumszie - We go tubing on a river every year and we always use the waterproof cameras like Silver Surfer mentioned earlier. They actually take good pictures. I've never tried taking pictures with them under water but we've dunked them several times, no problems.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom