Only found 3 Cents

Z

ZumbroKid

Went on a night hunt last night. Construction site, where a new apartment is going up. They dug some deep trenches for the fountation. Poured that and spread the dirt piles around the yard. Very trashy area, lots of signals most are tin, rusty scrap, and pull tabs. Most will not hunt this area. I wanted to get out again with the word snow is soon. Most signals I dug are junk at least i think so, they are still in the car. I did find 3 cents for the night. Here are the coin pictures.

Attachments

• 1865 front.jpg
    1865 front.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 1865 back.jpg
    1865 back.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS "Z"-Kid.

If I were to ONLY find 3 Cents, I'd Shure Want it to be That way? ;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
lol...I expected to see three pitiful zinc pennies. Pleasantly suprised. Great find.
Night hunt - haven't tried that yet. Do you have a hat with a light on it or just use a flashlight?

Bob

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I use no light at all, i have a mxt and the screen does not light up either, i wished it did. I knew i had a coin about dime size and knew it read up too low. So i put it in my pocket so i did not drop it. I figured it was a forgein coin, till i got to some light in the car. In the last 2 years i dug three of these, this is the oldest one. They are a under valued coin. Well i did look it up it is the first year of the nickle varity.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice kid!

;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool!

HH

Lonewolfe

W

whites6000inPa

Very cool......I'm going to gear up to hunt at night next summer when it's so bleedin' hot that I can't stand it in the daytime.

Wyatt

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Kid,
Thats the same year as the one I found last month. Yours is in better condition though.
Too bad I couldn't have found it this month. We could of had fun tying for first place at the club meeting.
Nice coin!
You better get back there before the ground freezes. (or before I do). LOL.
Keep us posted. I know there is more waiting there.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

bk, are we the only ones to post one on here this year? Odd we know each other to boot, and hunt togather. ;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kid,
I don't know about that. I'm sure someone else has found one.

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great 3 cent piece ya got there ;D and watch out doing that night hunting you might just come upon something that might stick you...lol ::)

HH
rustycoinUT

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

bk said:
Kid,
I spoke too soon bk, i did a search and one other was posted this year. It was by someone known as free2dtect. They have not posted in a while.

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I was just thinking if I ever found a 3 cent peice I'd do the same thing that you did. Glad you got to do it. I'd love to add one of those to my collection.

Great find in great shape.

R

rvbvetter

Hey!! Where's the other 2 cents?

Excellent find!! WTG!! HH

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
IdjitSavant said:
bk said:
Kid,
I spoke too soon bk, i did a search and one other was posted this year. It was by someone known as free2dtect. They have not posted in a while.
by the looks of your photo it seems i know that face just cant place it..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread